MAN ADVICE v2.0

Well, it happened again, but even worse this time. Was talking with a girl for about a week and a half. She gave me her number and even added me on Facebook. Great rapport and we made plans to meet up this coming weekend a couple days ago. All of a sudden I noticed this morning she blocked me on Facebook and blocked my number. No idea what happened.

Either you unknowingly creeped her out or she started seriously dating someone else.

If it's the latter then that's pretty shitty for her not to tell you.

Then again I bailed on a bunch of dates by ghosting. But I know I'm shitty.

Either you unknowingly creeped her out or she started seriously dating someone else.

If it's the latter then that's pretty shitty for her not to tell you.

Then again I bailed on a bunch of dates by ghosting. But I know I'm shitty.

Going back over previous conversations, there wasn't really anything I said that could've driven her away that swiftly. I guess if she's the type of person to do something like this, it's better I found out sooner than later, right?

Going back over previous conversations, there wasn't really anything I said that could've driven her away that swiftly. I guess if she's the type of person to do something like this, it's better I found out sooner than later, right?

Dating is fucking impossible sometimes (most of the time).

Well, it happened again, but even worse this time. Was talking with a girl for about a week and a half. She gave me her number and even added me on Facebook. Great rapport and we made plans to meet up this coming weekend a couple days ago. All of a sudden I noticed this morning she blocked me on Facebook and blocked my number. No idea what happened.

Do you think she might have been in a relationship or just broken up with her significant other? Perhaps they just got back together and she wanted to remove any traces of contact. Regardless it's pretty shitty of her to do.

Do you think she might have been in a relationship or just broken up with her significant other? Perhaps they just got back together and she wanted to remove any traces of contact. Regardless it's pretty shitty of her to do.

When we first started talking, she mentioned an ex but it seemed like they had been broken up for a while. All I know is that he had a chronic illness and she used all her sick and personal time on him. I guess it's possible they rekindled something, but who knows?

That's happened to me so many times and I always blame myself for it.  I wish I didn't take it personally, but with no reason as to why, how do you not?  I've told myself that the main reason it happens is because they might be going along as a joke / for fun with no real intention to do anything from it, and I'm making it seem like I'm really interested in getting something out of this.  Then it goes too far and they realize they dug themselves and hole and the easiest way out is to ignore me.

i need advice.

one of my best friends texted me today, telling me that he and his girlfriend split up. caught me completely off guard, and i'm devastated by it. i lived with him when i was back in mass, and she was pretty much moving in during my departure. they did great things with the apartment, and it all just looked like an extension of what seemed like an absolutely perfect relationship. really, ever since they started dating, i always said that i couldn't imagine anyone better for him.

the details he gave me are really light so far, in that he would prefer to get into it once he gets a chance to visit vs pouring it all out over text. but he said things reached a boiling point and that he's happy and sad at the same time. he's also embarking on what he called a "tour de friends" where he's just making the rounds to go see all his pals who aren't local.

i told him that i'm entirely open to talk, be there for whatever he needs, all that. ya know.

but in all my experience with being there for a friend after a break up, there's always something where i'm able to say "you're better off". the problem is that i simply don't have a negative thing to say about her, and i entirely wanted them to work out. has anyone else been here? how did you handle it? 

i need advice.

one of my best friends texted me today, telling me that he and his girlfriend split up. caught me completely off guard, and i'm devastated by it. i lived with him when i was back in mass, and she was pretty much moving in during my departure. they did great things with the apartment, and it all just looked like an extension of what seemed like an absolutely perfect relationship. really, ever since they started dating, i always said that i couldn't imagine anyone better for him.

the details he gave me are really light so far, in that he would prefer to get into it once he gets a chance to visit vs pouring it all out over text. but he said things reached a boiling point and that he's happy and sad at the same time. he's also embarking on what he called a "tour de friends" where he's just making the rounds to go see all his pals who aren't local.

i told him that i'm entirely open to talk, be there for whatever he needs, all that. ya know.

but in all my experience with being there for a friend after a break up, there's always something where i'm able to say "you're better off". the problem is that i simply don't have a negative thing to say about her, and i entirely wanted them to work out. has anyone else been here? how did you handle it?

Honestly, I'm in a similiar type of situation, however I am friends with both people, and it was an engagement called off (very one-sided, for a reason I don't necessarily understand). I've told them both how I feel honestly, and that no matter what, each of them needs to respect the decision of the other.

That being said, I think your friend seems in a place where he's mature and comfortable enough for you to be straightforward with him. If he brings it up and asks your opinion, I would tell him how you feel - that you felt they were a good match, but people, timing, and situations change - and with changes, relationships either flourish or falter, no matter how hard either tries.

Stay optimistic, and good luck!

i need advice.

No need to say anything negative about her. Just be supportive and be there for him to talk to. Go out, get drunk, and show him a good time.

My friends are going through the same situation at the moment.  Just be there for your friend; I highly doubt he is looking for negative comments regarding the ex, probably just looking for someone to talk to and keep him company while he's at a low point.  Just keep your thoughts on her to yourself, unless he really wants to know.  Chances are, he just needs a really good distraction.  That's where I'm at right now; where I know our mutual friends have nothing ill to say about the gal, but I still want to be around people just to keep my mind at bay. 

I do my best to not bitch about the little things in my relationship to my friends. It’s really important to me that my friends like my sig. other, and I don’t like tainting that with stories of little annoyances that I don’t even remember the next day.

I was in an awful relationship for 4 years and the entirety of that 4 years was me bitching about him, my friends hating him, always having to split time between him/friends, friends encouraging me to leave him, him distancing me from my friends, blah blah blah. I put my friends in a tough position by talking about the abuse but not doing anything to get away from him. They were always right, and always there for me, thank goodness they stuck with me for so long.

so much easier when everyone just gets along.

We were originally going to do $0. She recently stretched her ears from 2g to 00g and now has a decade's worth of jewelry she can't use so I was like "Link me to some earrings you want" and then she was like "Ok, but now I'm taking you out to lunch"

We went and got fried food and delicious beer.