MAN ADVICE v2.0

OH man, I might finally have a situation that I could share in here. Not looking for relationship advice though..

Over the past 5 days, one of my coworkers has made their interest in me completely known.  They passed me a note that said, "you can text me here to discuss details," followed by "dinner, next week?" and two boxes saying "Yes" or "No, but thank you."  He stared at me while I read this.  I just stared back and shrugged my shoulders. Never called over the weekend.

Then he adds me on linked in. Then came a message asking how my day was after worked was over.  No response given.  Then another message asking about something mundane.  No response given.  Finally another handwritten note today which has me a tad freaked out haha. Apologized for screwing something up, then asked me out to dinner again, and said he's basically available anytime forever.

Ugh... 

OH man, I might finally have a situation that I could share in here. Not looking for relationship advice though..

Over the past 5 days, one of my coworkers has made their interest in me completely known. They passed me a note that said, "you can text me here to discuss details," followed by "dinner, next week?" and two boxes saying "Yes" or "No, but thank you." He stared at me while I read this. I just stared back and shrugged my shoulders. Never called over the weekend.

Then he adds me on linked in. Then came a message asking how my day was after worked was over. No response given. Then another message asking about something mundane. No response given. Finally another handwritten note today which has me a tad freaked out haha. Apologized for screwing something up, then asked me out to dinner again, and said he's basically available anytime forever.

Ugh...

I may be wrong here, but I think he may like you. Just a hunch.

Who even does passing notes anymore?! It's very early high school.

Over the past 5 days, one of my coworkers has made their interest in me completely known. They passed me a note that said, "you can text me here to discuss details," followed by "dinner, next week?" and two boxes saying "Yes" or "No, but thank you." He stared at me while I read this. I just stared back and shrugged my shoulders. Never called over the weekend.

Then he adds me on linked in. Then came a message asking how my day was after worked was over. No response given. Then another message asking about something mundane. No response given. Finally another handwritten note today which has me a tad freaked out haha. Apologized for screwing something up, then asked me out to dinner again, and said he's basically available anytime forever.

Ugh...

Just an idea here... respond and be honest. Then he will back off.

Has anybody ever had a good relationship with an ex? (Getting back together after breaking up)

I don't see how it can work again if it was so bad the first time around that you had to split.

Over the past 5 days, one of my coworkers has made their interest in me completely known.  They passed me a note that said, "you can text me here to discuss details," followed by "dinner, next week?" and two boxes saying "Yes" or "No, but thank you."  He stared at me while I read this.  I just stared back and shrugged my shoulders. Never called over the weekend.

Then he adds me on linked in. Then came a message asking how my day was after worked was over.  No response given.  Then another message asking about something mundane.  No response given.  Finally another handwritten note today which has me a tad freaked out haha. Apologized for screwing something up, then asked me out to dinner again, and said he's basically available anytime forever.

Ugh... 

I hope one of the notes passed was actually by way of paper airplane.

But yeahhh, you should probably be upfront with him.. tell you him you have interest and hopefully he just backs off. Or ride it out and see if you get candy and flowers next.

Just an idea here... respond and be honest. Then he will back off.

This. Please don't be that person who thinks ignoring a situation is a response. You're an adult who is more than capable of using your words. If this guy can't respect your decision to say no, he's being childish. Everyone needs to pull up their big kid pants and use their words more often. Don't make people solve riddles when it comes to stupid things like this.

This. Please don't be that person who thinks ignoring a situation is a response. You're an adult who is more than capable of using your words. If this guy can't respect your decision to say no, he's being childish. Everyone needs to pull up their big kid pants and use their words more often. Don't make people solve riddles when it comes to stupid things like this.

Can't multiquote on my phone but I most definitely sent him a message last night just saying that there must be a miscommunication and I only see him as a coworker. I'm not one of those girls that enjoys unwanted attention. Makes me super uncomfortable.

So far he's ignored me today which is all I can ask for

Can't multiquote on my phone but I most definitely sent him a message last night just saying that there must be a miscommunication and I only see him as a coworker. I'm not one of those girls that enjoys unwanted attention. Makes me super uncomfortable.

Don't know if I necessarily need advice on this, but I do feel like typing it out and sharing.

I've been seeing this girl since the end of May and we officially started dating last week.  It's been a really good month and some change.  I'm really into her and it seems to be a pretty mutual thing.

Anyway, I met her through a friend of a friend (who happens to be her ex-boyfriend).  We'll go for M for the ex and S for her.  M is an acquaintance of mine at best, we don't hang out together without our mutual friend.  Anyway, S was the one who initiated things with me and she assured me that her and M were broken up and have been for quite a while and that there was absolutely nothing there except friendship.  This is absolutely the case and I'm not worried about her sleeping with him or leaving me to get back to him at all.  It's not a concern.

But, apparently he isn't over her in the least.  She hasn't been completely honest about the fact that she started seeing me, but he kind of figured out she was seeing someone.  Earlier this week he figured out it was me.  On Monday night he sent her a continuous string of drunk text messages about "how he hopes my dick was the best gift he's given her in the 6 years they've been friends" and stuff like that (we while they were out celebrating her birthday, that's where the gift part comes in.  That happens for part of Monday night and she's trying to calm him down because she's worried he's going to hurt himself.  It kind of resolves and her and I continue to have a good night.

Tuesday she tells me he sent her a message saying he's deleting her number and we have a really great Tuesday.  Last night she went to work and I went to a show, planning to meet up at my place afterwards.  She lets me know she's going to have a few drinks with a friend, so I sit on the couch and watch TV and wait for her.  When she gets to my place, she tells me that M went to her work and confronted her and gave her an ultimatum.  It's either him or me.  She then said that he blew up her phone for the rest of the shift (I guess he got her number again) and then called her on the way to the bar.  She spent some time outside talking with him and come back inside in tears.  She didn't want to talk about it much, but she did assure me that our relationship is ok.  She apologized a lot and then we went to bed.  She initiated sex and sometime into it she started crying and we stopped, it was really weird.  We tried again later (her starting it again) and that time things went better so to speak.  She was still pretty quiet this morning and the car ride home was a little uncomfortable, but I think she's having trouble dealing with this.

Anyway, I'm not mad at her about this at all.  It's not her fault her ex-boyfriend is shitty and putting her in that position.  But I am getting really frustrated that he's being such a goddamn child about things and won't respect her enough to accept that she's moved on.  To add to things, they're going camping together over the weekend with a big group of friends, so I'm sure she's going to have a really shitty camping trip.  She'll also be out of cell range, which sucks because I really want to keep in touch with her while stupid shit like this is happening.

I guess he's also freaked out and punched a wall when he found out she was texting a guy (me) and apparently he knows when she stays over at my place because they share a NetFlix account and he's creeping on when she's not watching things.

But yeah, I wanted to get that off my chest a bit because it's been bouncing around in my brain all morning and typing it out felt good.  On the brighter side of things, I have been texting her a bit this afternoon and things do actually feel ok with us.

tl;dr = my girlfriend has a crazy ex-boyfriend

Ugh last night this girl was like it would be weird if we dated because it would mess everything up. Referring to my group of friends that she always hangs out with because of me. Fucking selfish.

What's wrong with that?

You do not know the whole story, little one. 

UGHHHHHHHHHH DIS GIRL.

What's wrong with that?

I wouldn't want to ruin our friendship either and I know she cares about me a lot on that level and that may actually be her main concern. But she doesn't want to mess up my group of friends which she basically through herself into. Which I think is fucked and selfish. They're all good people and like her whatever but I don't think that's a valid reason to not date me. She wouldn't know any of them if it wasn't for me. And they way we've been hanging out is like were basically dating.. Also if nothing ever actually comes out of this it's gunna fuck things up anyway because I'll be upset about it.

And Logan is like. Damn tianna you cray.

SWERVE

I wouldn't want to ruin our friendship either and I know she cares about me a lot on that level and that may actually be her main concern. But she doesn't want to mess up my group of friends which she basically through herself into. Which I think is fucked and selfish. They're all good people and like her whatever but I don't think that's a valid reason to not date me. She wouldn't know any of them if it wasn't for me. And they way we've been hanging out is like were basically dating.. Also if nothing ever actually comes out of this it's gunna fuck things up anyway because I'll be upset about it.

SWERVE

Give her an ultimatum: D8 me or Die.

SWERVE

but she thinks my hair is nice...

Ugh... 

We like to call that harassment. If it continues, speak to human resources.

This reponse reminds me of 95% of people.

For example:

Person appears online.

"Hey what's up?"

Offline.

O.o okayyyyyyyy then.

I blame "text culture" - people would rather leave you hangin' than say 'no'.

Don't know if I necessarily need advice on this, but I do feel like typing it out and sharing.

I've been seeing this girl since the end of May and we officially started dating last week.  It's been a really good month and some change.  I'm really into her and it seems to be a pretty mutual thing.

Anyway, I met her through a friend of a friend (who happens to be her ex-boyfriend).  We'll go for M for the ex and S for her.  M is an acquaintance of mine at best, we don't hang out together without our mutual friend.  Anyway, S was the one who initiated things with me and she assured me that her and M were broken up and have been for quite a while and that there was absolutely nothing there except friendship.  This is absolutely the case and I'm not worried about her sleeping with him or leaving me to get back to him at all.  It's not a concern.

But, apparently he isn't over her in the least.  She hasn't been completely honest about the fact that she started seeing me, but he kind of figured out she was seeing someone.  Earlier this week he figured out it was me.  On Monday night he sent her a continuous string of drunk text messages about "how he hopes my dick was the best gift he's given her in the 6 years they've been friends" and stuff like that (we while they were out celebrating her birthday, that's where the gift part comes in.  That happens for part of Monday night and she's trying to calm him down because she's worried he's going to hurt himself.  It kind of resolves and her and I continue to have a good night.

Tuesday she tells me he sent her a message saying he's deleting her number and we have a really great Tuesday.  Last night she went to work and I went to a show, planning to meet up at my place afterwards.  She lets me know she's going to have a few drinks with a friend, so I sit on the couch and watch TV and wait for her.  When she gets to my place, she tells me that M went to her work and confronted her and gave her an ultimatum.  It's either him or me.  She then said that he blew up her phone for the rest of the shift (I guess he got her number again) and then called her on the way to the bar.  She spent some time outside talking with him and come back inside in tears.  She didn't want to talk about it much, but she did assure me that our relationship is ok.  She apologized a lot and then we went to bed.  She initiated sex and sometime into it she started crying and we stopped, it was really weird.  We tried again later (her starting it again) and that time things went better so to speak.  She was still pretty quiet this morning and the car ride home was a little uncomfortable, but I think she's having trouble dealing with this.

Anyway, I'm not mad at her about this at all.  It's not her fault her ex-boyfriend is shitty and putting her in that position.  But I am getting really frustrated that he's being such a goddamn child about things and won't respect her enough to accept that she's moved on.  To add to things, they're going camping together over the weekend with a big group of friends, so I'm sure she's going to have a really shitty camping trip.  She'll also be out of cell range, which sucks because I really want to keep in touch with her while stupid shit like this is happening.

I guess he's also freaked out and punched a wall when he found out she was texting a guy (me) and apparently he knows when she stays over at my place because they share a NetFlix account and he's creeping on when she's not watching things.

But yeah, I wanted to get that off my chest a bit because it's been bouncing around in my brain all morning and typing it out felt good.  On the brighter side of things, I have been texting her a bit this afternoon and things do actually feel ok with us.

tl;dr = my girlfriend has a crazy ex-boyfriend

Time to get involved. Anyone who is emotionally manipulative like that needs to be cut out like a cancerous tumor.

I know that's probably the last thing she wants, but assert yourself man.