Pearl Jam blue Avocado and white Yield

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered No Code, Yield, Avocado, and Binaural boots from Discogs last week. I have read through various message boards that Avacado sounds pretty good, but no real information on the others. I would imagine these are just CD sourced. But from what I have read and the pictures I have seen, these look to be fairly high quality boots. Inserts, No Code Polaroids, Booklets, Glossy Art, etc.

I'll reply back with how they sound and the quality of the packaging as soon as I get them. If they sound good, I hope they do Benny, Lost Dogs and Riot Act, as I don't have them on vinyl anymore.

Today I received all 4 pearl jam bootlegs or "imports" as some call them... I have to say overall they are really nice.

Are they worth the $50-$60 a piece?: Well it depends on why you are buying them. If you are looking to fill in your pearl jam studio albums, then yes. Overall the LPs all sound really good, there is no pops or skips or crackles, they are extremely high quality LPs. They are nice thick pressings.

Is the packaging true to the originals?: Yes and No. No Code definitely not, it doesn't have the fold out gatefold that the original had, it's simply a gatefold jacket. Binaural, Avocado both have booklets, No Code has the polaroids, etc. The cover art is a bit blurry and glossy across all albums. The jackets are also not on super thick card stock, they feel a bit flimsy, but not too bad...

If you are like me who sold them all off a while ago, or you just never had a chance to buy them, and you are a hardcore pearl jam fan who loves vinyl, then yes, they are worth the cash. If you are all about authenticity and having these sourced from the original master tapes, then hold off until they all eventually get reissued by the band.

Personally, I'm glad I bought them. If you are interested in buying them, I bought them on Discogs from a seller by the name of Borat. I ordered them last friday, and they arrived today, in Ohio from Belgium (all in mint condition, packaged nicely). I think I payed $240 total including shipping... expensive yes, but they are pretty cool...

• 5 months later...

I just ordered yield, no code, binaural. Self titled, & lost dogs on discogs from a seller named rock for you. Got all 5 for $238. Not bad since these would prob be close to a grand on eBay if bought individually. Don't look like a repress is happening anytime soon so I figured why not. All I need now is riot act & rearview mirror.