CATACOMBE "Quidam" 12" [FFO: God Is An Astronaut, SJ5, YONL, Lights At Sea, post rock]

catacombe.jpg

Catacombe is a portugese post rock band that originally reached out to us last year about releasing this album.  While I particularly LOVED it, I knew that we had too much on our plate in 2014 to give it the attention that it deserved.  However, I wanted to do at least a little bit to try to bring their music to the US, so I offered to buy a chunk off of them to distro through our store.

The title says it all, and I can see several of you really getting into these guys.

Check out one of their tracks below and then go scoop this up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAwcynKShH4

http://www.mindovermatterrecords.com/store.html

I was also able to get audio from the band, so I have free downloads for each order as well!

Trying to decide on the color... blue seems to go best, but I have a lot of blue and not as many orange. Decisions, decisions.

Very solid record, enjoyed several passes through last night.  Order coming up soon!

edit: blue it is :)

Thanks for the order Don! I'm out of town for work until Friday, but the digital version is headed your way and I will get this in the mail before the weekend hits.

As for photos, I'll throw some up this weekend as well. I just say, the milky transparent orange is a personal favorite of mine. Pretty unique!

• 2 weeks later...

I was also able to get audio from the band, so I have free downloads for each order as well!

Austin emailed d/l as soon as I purchased, and the custom mailers with stamp were immediately noticed by my daughter yesterday (my artsy one) - and the salutation - everyone got a laugh at that. You're much too kind my friend!

Can't wait to clean and spin tonight, hopefully some IG photos as well!  :)

Please empty this man's distro so he can find some more great stuff!

Austin emailed d/l as soon as I purchased, and the custom mailers with stamp were immediately noticed by my daughter yesterday (my artsy one) - and the salutation - everyone got a laugh at that. You're much too kind my friend!

What variant did you end up going with, Don?  Curious minds would like to know.  I should probably assume both.

I've been doing some custom mailers for a little bit now, and you're the first person to say something!  Yay!  They haven't gone unnoticed!!!  Haha

I've been doing them for each release that we put out - the 7" mailers are so easy to do some cool stuff with...it's almost unfair to the 12" mailers.  ;-)

Thanks for the support, as always.  I will go take pictures right MEOW!

Thanks friends for helping our braj Austin out!!, and adding some really nice Portuguese to our postrock collections from around the world. (Found a postrock band from Siberia on Fluttery records recently)

Here's some pics, including MOMR mailer, from imgur instead of photobucket. It's light reflection around the edge of the vinyl.

1gFRBpD.jpg?1

hrMBmex.jpg