THE BEATLES - The Original Mono Studio Albums Remastered

THE BEATLES GET BACK TO MONO

THE ORIGINAL MONO STUDIO ALBUMS REMASTERED AT ABBEY ROAD DIRECTLY FROM THE ANALOGUE MASTERS FOR VINYL RELEASE

The Beatles in mono: This is how most listeners first heard the group in the 1960s, when mono was the predominant audio format. Up until 1968, each Beatles album was given a unique mono and stereo mix, but the group always regarded the mono as primary. On September 8 (September 9 in North America), The Beatles’ nine U.K. albums, the American-compiled Magical Mystery Tour, and the Mono Masters collection of non-album tracks will be released in mono on 180-gram vinyl LPs with faithfully replicated artwork. Newly mastered from the analogue master tapes, each album will be available both individually and within a lavish, limited 14-LP boxed edition, The Beatles In Mono, which also includes a 108-page hardbound book.

- Records cut without using any digital technology using detailed transfer notes made by the original cutting engineers
- a rigorously tested Studer A80 machine was used to play back the precious tapes, the new vinyl was cut on a 1980s-era VMS80 lathe
- Manufactured for the world at Optimal Media in Germany
- 12-inch by 12-inch hardbound book features new essays and a detailed history of the mastering process by award-winning radio producer and author Kevin Howlett
- Illustrated with many rare studio photos of The Beatles, fascinating archive documents, and articles and advertisements sourced from 1960s publications
- Available individually and collected in a limited 14-LP boxed edition

YOUR NEAREST RETAILER: http://gnikn.us/1y8GuSW

BEATLES STORE EUROPE: http://gnikn.us/1lrEScV
BEATLES STORE USA: http://gnikn.us/1y8UMmE
BEATLES STORE JAPAN: http://bit.ly/KyZ0ea
BEATLES STORE BRAZIL: http://gnikn.us/15mXLuC

BGB5COMBO17.JPG

In an audiophile-minded undertaking, The Beatles' acclaimed mono albums have been newly mastered for vinyl from quarter-inch master tapes at Abbey Road Studios by GRAMMY®-winning engineer Sean Magee and GRAMMY®-winning mastering supervisor Steve Berkowitz. While The Beatles In Mono CD boxed set released in 2009 was created from digital remasters, for this new vinyl project, Magee and Berkowitz cut the records without using any digital technology. Instead, they employed the same procedures used in the 1960s, guided by the original albums and by detailed transfer notes made by the original cutting engineers.

Will have to get this, eventually.

The Stereo box set had serious issues with non-fill, warping etc (but only the set that was pressed at Rainbo in US, the Optimal press for EU was fine). The first stereo set I bought from the US (Rainbo press) was a disaster - almost every record had some manufacturing defect.

Are these true analog? You can say "remastered from the original analog tapes" and still use digital files for the vinyl like they did with the stereo set. The White Album will be mine since it's a bitch to find in mono.

Edit: Yep:

"The EMI representative told me that after absorbing the criticism heaped on the digitally sourced stereo box—including the extensive analogplanet.com coverage, which was correctly construed as constructive criticism—the decision was made to produce the mono LPs using an all analog mastering chain."

Will have to get this, eventually.

The Stereo box set had serious issues with non-fill, warping etc (but only the set that was pressed at Rainbo in US, the Optimal press for EU was fine). The first stereo set I bought from the US (Rainbo press) was a disaster - almost every record had some manufacturing defect.

wow thanks for the heads up! i was actually considering them eventually later in the year

Are these true analog? You can say "remastered from the original analog tapes" and still use digital files for the vinyl like they did with the stereo set. The White Album will be mine since it's a bitch to find in mono.

Edit: Yep:

"The EMI representative told me that after absorbing the criticism heaped on the digitally sourced stereo box—including the extensive analogplanet.com coverage, which was correctly construed as constructive criticism—the decision was made to produce the mono LPs using an all analog mastering chain."

I avoided the stereo set because of this, they were offered on Popmarket recently and was nearly tempted as they are a nice package but I'm glad I didn't.

I could be tempted by the mono box but I want to hear some reviews first.

I bought the mono CD box for a very good price and wasn't overly impressed with that.

I've got UK pressed originals so all the new stuff has a hard act to follow.