THE BEATLES - The Original Mono Studio Albums Remastered

Weren't the last 3 albums originally released in stereo? When they releases the stereo remasters all in all they released the digital flash drive, a mono and stereo cd box sets, and the vinyl box sets and individuals. And the mono cd box only had 11 albums or something.

I own a Sgr Peppers remaster, an older Let It Be and White Albums and Help, and a beat up Mofi Abbey Road. This new mono box is a tempting, expensive ass game changer :(

Weren't the last 3 albums originally released in stereo? When they releases the stereo remasters all in all they released the digital flash drive, a mono and stereo cd box sets, and the vinyl box sets and individuals. And the mono cd box only had 11 albums or something.

From the pic in the OP it looks like this will have the same albums as the Mono box - since, as you noted, the final albums were released in stereo.

This might be a stupid question, but when was the first time any Beatles recordings were pressed in stereo? It couldn't have been 2009 could it? Both my copies of White Album and Help are old as shit, have the original release years on the labels/packaging, and are both stereo. Plus the Help album cover says stereo.

My Abbey Road is Mofi, and Let It Be was stereo released anyway. So are the 2009 stereo remasters just remasters of the original stereo mixes?

EDIT: I just read that the White Album was only released in stereo over here in the states. Looks like I definitely overpaid for what I was told was a UK press.

This might be a stupid question, but when was the first time any Beatles recordings were pressed in stereo? It couldn't have been 2009 could it? Both my copies of White Album and Help are old as shit, have the original release years on the labels/packaging, and are both stereo. Plus the Help album cover says stereo, but I'm unsure what that's about.

My Abbey Road is Mofi, and Let It Be was stereo released anyway.

They were all pressed in mono and stereo originally, except for Abbey Road and Let It Be, which were stereo only. 

They were all pressed in mono and stereo originally, except for Abbey Road and Let It Be, which were stereo only. 

And Yellow Sub, right? Guess I should have been more mindful of mono vs stereo when buying :(

It sucks to spend a lot of time and money putting together a collection and then this boxset comes out and could be the new best way to listen to the Beatles.

"...for this new vinyl project, Magee and Berkowitz cut the records without using any digital technology. Instead, they employed the same procedures used in the 1960s, guided by the original albums and by detailed transfer notes made by the original cutting engineers."

Tell me again, Jimmy Page, why you couldn't have done this?

Had to read back through the text carefully after seeing the shirt to convince myself this wasn't a joke. How uncreatively hilarious.

Boss: Ok team, we need a shirt for this amazing box set we are making. 

Worker 1: Shall we put some great Beatles lyrics on it to reflect the music? 

Boss: What? Fuck you, no. What is this your first day? We need something that says "I bought an expensive box set of a band I pretend to like"

Worker 2: We could put all the covers of the records on it?

Boss: Oh you're fucking fired. Anyone else? there are no bad ideas people come on...

Worker 3: We could just write "Vinyl" on it like it was a set of Ikea instructions? I mean who really buys a box set for a fucking shirt anyway? might as well just make it look as useless as possible  you know?

Boss: Oh my god you genius! Let's ship these bitches!

Will have to get this, eventually.

The Stereo box set had serious issues with non-fill, warping etc (but only the set that was pressed at Rainbo in US, the Optimal press for EU was fine). The first stereo set I bought from the US (Rainbo press) was a disaster - almost every record had some manufacturing defect.

I have no idea if what you're saying is accurate, but the reason that I've heard as to why the stereo set upset people was that it was cut from the digital CD remaster rather than taking it from the analog source tapes and remastered specifically for vinyl.

I have no idea if what you're saying is accurate, but the reason that I've heard as to why the stereo set upset people was that it was cut from the digital CD remaster rather than taking it from the analog source tapes and remastered specifically for vinyl.

That's partially why.

The other half is quality control issues. In the US, Rainbo sucked and there were many pressing defects. The EU versions were fine.

That's partially why.

The other half is quality control issues. In the US, Rainbo sucked and there were many pressing defects. The EU versions were fine.

Pressing defects or no, I suggest that the bigger issue was digital mastering.  Even if you get a "good product" you're getting a bad product.

The stereo vinyl remasters ARE sourced from the same digital master as the CDs, but (assuming you can find copies without the pressing defects) are still slightly higher fidelity than the CDs because that master is 24bit/44.1kHz.