just because i don't have to buy it doesn't mean i can't criticize it. i've supported this band for a really long time. i'll say whatever the fuck i want about their overpriced VIP packages. its not like i'm losing sleep over it. i'm probably not even attending a show on this tour. it wasn't until after the BSN cycle that circa started coming up with dumb ways to charge a lot of money for things that aren't worth it. someone of you shelled out hundreds of dollars for that terrible "hand painted" variant of violet waves.

also, when and where did i say art should be free?

I don't think anyone said you couldn't criticize it. Just pointing out the fact that when you break down the cost of each of the items in the bundle including an acoustic performance it's really not a crazy or inflated profit. And the artists and companies producing everything still have to make a profit to keep doing what they're doing and support themselves.

This. I'll pretty much support anything Circa does. I watched Anthont pull my friend out of the crowd after she collapsed mid-song. He stopped the show, took her outside, called an ambulance, and waited till it got there to go back in and continue the show. Grade A humans in my book. I don't give a fuck what shit they put their name on after that.

Edit: Also, VIP tickets Have always been a joke to me. Bitching about no meet & greet makes you all look pretty fucking entitled. Like, you're paying extra for a guaranteed chance to meet the band. As a dude who grew up in the punk scene, paying to meet a band seems kinda lame in my opinion.

I agree that I'd support the band with everything they do. I have paid for the Creature Club things, every release and VIP I could because I really appreciate everything they've done as a band, musically and otherwise. And lame or not, I've done VIP on both of their tours so far where they offered it and would say it's well worth it. Throwing in a vinyl variant this time for the same price was a no-brainer.

Also, I'm not sure how the discussion more or less stating the preference of a meet&greet over a Q&A in any way suggests that anyone is entitled... Just that they prefer one type of interaction over another.

You guys do realize that these VIP packages that bands do are put together by an external marketing company, right? I'm sure they have some input on specifics, but they're probably also paying for that service.

This. People always assume the band is responsible for everything and it just doesn't work like that. At least, not most of the time. Not with an operation as big as Circa has.

Fuck! The Shrine is sold out. Looks like San Diego it is for me. Now I have to pay those stupid fucking fees. That shit ruins going to concerts for me. 

Really sucks that you didn't get the venue that you wanted, but it always makes me happy when I see bands like Circa sell out venues. Even if they aren't huge venues, it's cool to see. :D

Fuck! The Shrine is sold out. Looks like San Diego it is for me. Now I have to pay those stupid fucking fees. That shit ruins going to concerts for me. 

I saw circa at the shrine for the DVD release show and as much as I really enjoy that venue the house of blues in san diego will be a good venue for this show and maybe a little more intimate :) I saw them there with pianos become the teeth and title fight and it was so great and such a good energy. and yeah, the fees suck for sure. 

I saw circa at the shrine for the DVD release show and as much as I really enjoy that venue the house of blues in san diego will be a good venue for this show and maybe a little more intimate :) I saw them there with pianos become the teeth and title fight and it was so great and such a good energy. and yeah, the fees suck for sure. 

Did you see me with my Ernie puppet? The only part I can remember is at the beginning of In Fear and Faith you can see me in the crowd. I cant remember what song it was but right before they played it, Anthony said "Wheres Ernie?"

Did you see me with my Ernie puppet? The only part I can remember is at the beginning of In Fear and Faith you can see me in the crowd. I cant remember what song it was but right before they played it, Anthony said "Wheres Ernie?"

Dude are you the guy holding the Ernie puppet in the The Sounds of Animals Fighting DVD?! I remember watching that in high school and thinking, "Damn. That guy is awesome"

Haha no I didn't man. There were sooo many people at that shrine show. Did you go to the sound of animals fighting show in Pamona recently? I feel like I may have seen you there but there was also a ton of people at that show haha. You going to bring Ernie to the SD show?

Haha no I didn't man. There were sooo many people at that shrine show. Did you go to the sound of animals fighting show in Pamona recently? I feel like I may have seen you there but there was also a ton of people at that show haha. You going to bring Ernie to the SD show?

Nope. Looks like I got F'd in the A. I bought the VIP yesterday because I didnt want it to sell out. I was going to buy the ticket on friday when I got paid but now it appears they are sold out. So I have VIP but no ticket to the show. No fucking way am I buying marked up tickets from people on ebay or craigslist. $30 for any concert is kind of my max. I didnt even see Glassjaw with Deftones because it was $50 after fees.

Nope. Looks like I got F'd in the A. I bought the VIP yesterday because I didnt want it to sell out. I was going to buy the ticket on friday when I got paid but now it appears they are sold out. So I have VIP but no ticket to the show. No fucking way am I buying marked up tickets from people on ebay or craigslist. $30 for any concert is kind of my max. I didnt even see Glassjaw with Deftones because it was $50 after fees.

Dang that sucks. So you're just going to the VIP at the shrine now and that's it? Maybe they can guest list you? I can't believe that huge venue sold out already.

Dang that sucks. So you're just going to the VIP at the shrine now and that's it? Maybe they can guest list you? I can't believe that huge venue sold out already.

No the shrine sold out of VIP tickets the night before I was able to buy it so I had to get the San Diego VIP which didn't come with a ticket. I don't see why they couldn't have included tickets with all the bundles.

No the shrine sold out of VIP tickets the night before I was able to buy it so I had to get the San Diego VIP which didn't come with a ticket. I don't see why they couldn't have included tickets with all the bundles.

Yeah it's lame. Would have been nice cause of all the fees. I noticed all the non ticket bundles are mainly just house of blues. So maybe something to do with venue/promoter for the fees? Not entirely sure. I saw that they posted today that the SD date has less than 150 tickets too..

its Pomona!!! not Pamona! ahahah

Why does Circa keep putting the "safe camp" symbol on everything? It wasn't a thug during Juturna, so why add it now?

Actually...look closely at the gate on the Juturna cover. 

245bk9f.jpg

Most likely a coincidence..or maybe something Esao Andrews likes to utilize in his work? I don't know. The only album without the symbol is On Letting Go, but maybe it's in there too somewhere? hoosierbrad and I discussed it before and he thinks it's there because Circa wants their music to be accessible to everyone. The safe camp symbol (from what I've heard from travelers, I haven't done any reading on it) is that it was a symbol used on train cars that were safe to hop on and homes that allowed homeless/vagabond/wandering type folks to stay for the night. Maybe some people can find shelter with their songs.

edit: just wanted y'all to know I didn't discover this on my own. I believe colin pointed it out on his instagram.

Actually...look closely at the gate on the Juturna cover.

245bk9f.jpg

Most likely a coincidence..or maybe something Esao Andrews likes to utilize in his work? I don't know. The only album without the symbol is On Letting Go, but maybe it's in there too somewhere? hoosierbrad and I discussed it before and he thinks it's there because Circa wants their music to be accessible to everyone. The safe camp symbol (from what I've heard from travelers, I haven't done any reading on it) is that it was a symbol used on train cars that were safe to hop on and homes that allowed homeless/vagabond/wandering type folks to stay for the night. Maybe some people can find shelter with their songs.

edit: just wanted y'all to know I didn't discover this on my own. I believe colin pointed it out on his instagram.

I can't remember where I read it, but it's true. The safe camp symbol is to let a wanderer know they're safe where they are for the night. It's a welcoming sign.

Miss you, bud. Can't wait to kick it next week.