PO: Ryan Adams - Self-Titled 9/9/14

FINALLY! VC can steal news from Modern Vinyl and claim it as our own! Released through Blue Note.

http://modern-vinyl.com/2014/06/17/ryan-adams-new-lp-reportedly-coming-this-fall/

First preorder link is up.

http://www.bullmoose.com/p/16712600/ryan-adams-ryan-adams

Interesting that Blue Note is releasing this and not PAX-AM. Probably wanted to get some better promotion/marketing/advertising opportunities for this record.

I'm sure it will be released in conjunction with Pax Am, like Columbia had done w/ A&F.

Pax Am is just too small to handle the demand so he hires out a bigger label to do the distribution/marketing/etc... on his full length releases.

• 2 weeks later...

Easy Tiger was laughably bad in all but a couple songs. Cardinology was worse. Neal Casal ruined that band.

29 was the last one I really liked. Thought Ashes and Fire was good, but pretty boring a lot of the time. I've got a feeling this new one will be pretty good.

That's crazy talk. Ryan Adams' greatest years as a musician were when Neal Casal was a member of The Cardinals. Their live shows were absolutely amazing from 06-08. I recommend you study up on a bunch of those SBDs floating around the internet.

I don't know if I can say any album with halloweenhead on it is great. Rip off and oh my god, whatever etc are pretty bad too.

One of the 2005 albums was probably his last truly great album.

Unfortunately I agree, JCN was his last truly epic album start to finish. Though there are highlights in every single one of his albums.

I've never understood the guff Neal gets. Any low points during The Cardinals years was due to Ryan's behavior or mediocre songwriting. The band themselves were fantastic musicians.

People who give Neal shit haven't listened to their live shows very much. Unfortunately I don't think Ryan will ever have a band that reaches that collective level again.