Ambient Related Releases (Drone, Field Recording, Neo-Classical, Experimental)

*puts hand up*

I love me some sonic pieces, love their vinyl releases with the fabric sleeves - I wish they pressed the Lanavdula album to vinyl last year, that was a fave of mine.

That new Deaf Centre looks so tasty

I hear ya, I wish they would press that one you mentioned as well as the Greg Haines album, but sadly I've spoken with Monique who runs the label, and those are highly unlikely to ever get pressed! But pretty much every single LP or CD they release is GOLD! Honestly, there isn't a single release in their catalog I don't love...

I hear ya, I wish they would press that one you mentioned as well as the Greg Haines album, but sadly I've spoken with Monique who runs the label, and those are highly unlikely to ever get pressed! But pretty much every single LP or CD they release is GOLD! Honestly, there isn't a single release in their catalog I don't love...

All Greg Haines solo albums have been released on vinyl on Denovali, except "Moments Eluding " released by Kning Disk.

You can still get the Denovali wooden boxset of clear gold vinyl.

Experimedia has it on sale at 25% off and sale ends today. 

There are so many goodies on sale over there now. 

Any recommendations in particular?

Personally I recommend getting into the Denovali releases, you won't find them any cheaper anywhere else.

Depending on your cash flow right now, I recommend:

Field Rotation (absolute must)  

Greg Haines Boxset,

Greg Haines - Where We Were 2LP,

Saffronkeira (all of them),

The Alvaret Ensamble,

If you like your ambient with a post rock vibe, Terminal Sound System is a go.

Preview the shit quickly on youtube or wherever and make your choice.

Also, for some reason, Mika Vainio's "Konstellaatio" 2LP is still available... snagged it myself yesterday.

Maybe an acquired taste, but the man is a legend and this album is some of his best work. The quality of sounds he makes is unbelievable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwvB8PZMH9M

Again, it's on sale and it's really a steal.

• 3 weeks later...

a band i play in has some stuff online - we're sold out of the cd-r, but have 3 tapes left if anyone's interested.  you can check out stuff here: http://aimlow.bandcamp.com/album/string-theory-cassette-2  we're on facebook too https://www.facebook.com/aimlow

we've played with locrian, liturgy and moon duo and done some dates with psychic paramount, disappears, and weekend.  just finished tracking a full length which is being mixed by jon drew (fucked up, austra) and we're gonna (hopefully) put out a 12" ep late fall.  would love to hear what you guys think.

First recording by the concept that became Expo 70 featuring Justin Wright, and members from Bipolar Bear. Originally released on Kill Shaman as a CDr edition.

Bonus edition includes unreleased material prior to this recording.

Edition of 500 with silkscreen covers - 300 on black, 200 on white.

White vinyl have /100 with CD of bonus material and /100 with cassette of same bonus material.

i actually recommended hakobune a few pages back. good stuff.

Whoops, sorry.  This is one thread I choose not to follow on a post-by-post basis... namely because I don't have the time / energy / funds to pursue all the great ambient that gets recommended.  I try to peek in here when I'm burnt out on what I've got or have some extra cash to throw around.  (Which feels like it's rarely, if ever...)

A little off topic, but I was wondering if anyone in this thread could recommend an album that sounds similar to this. I've searched their discography, but it's a very distinct work in their catalogue (from what I've searched so far). Anywho, Prurient's work on Worship is the Cleansing of the Imagination. Specifically this masterpiece:

this guy has a bunch of Prurient for sale. he's pretty active here as well.

http://foreverdoomed.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=38365

great guy too. hope he doesn't mind me posting here....

Thanks Justin!  (I've listed all of it here as well - http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/103760-fs-my-entire-collection-psychkrautmetaldoomexperimentaletc/)