Ambient Related Releases (Drone, Field Recording, Neo-Classical, Experimental)

52 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

So now that the 24th has come and gone... does anyone have any idea why that Gas box is readily available – as in, good to ship, today – from outlets like Boomkat, but still features zero release date or projected dates on Amazon?  Kind of frustrating.

I vaguely remember from the first press that Amazon got their copies much later than some of the Euro/UK stores like Boomkat. I'm not sure why exactly... but it also seemed to me that Amazon didn't get that many copies for whatever reason. 

Listening to the Slow Dancing Society album that was posted about earlier and it sounds INCREDIBLE. The pressing is 10/10 and the album is a 10/10. So happy to be turned onto this. I wish his other stuff had vinyl releases. 

https://slowdancingsociety.bandcamp.com/album/the-sound-of-lights-when-dim-2017-remaster

also, for those interested in minimal/ambient techno, there are a couple new enjoyable delsin releases:

Artefakt - Kinship

Spoiler

Sven Weisemann - Separate Paths EP

Spoiler

both available on black vinyl. limited colored edition of the artefakt is sold out, but available for the sven weisemann EP. 

Edited by WAXXX

1 hour ago, TPH976 said:

Weird that they decided to put out the box set RIGHT before they released a new album that they could have included.

3 hours ago, thievedrelic said:

Weird that they decided to put out the box set RIGHT before they released a new album that they could have included.

I remember reading an interview where he said that the older albums highlighted a specific era for Gas, and that's why he released a boxset of them. This new album, being 17 years after the last one, is the beginning of a new chapter so to speak, at least to the man himself. 

3 hours ago, harryq said:

In case anyone else was tired of waiting for the Gas Box to ship from Amazon, Amazon.co.uk has it in-stock and listed for £124.71, which (after removing VAT or whatever) ended up being ~$130/shipped.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01L2SVXAY/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Bull Moose also has it, albeit for about $170. http://www.bullmoose.com/p/23517613/gas-box-10lp-4cd

On 03/03/2017 at 0:46 PM, scentofdeath said:

Deathprod vinyl pre-orders!  https://deathprod.bandcamp.com/merch

Neat! Fans of pitch-black ambient music like Battra, don't sleep on this! P.S. This is pretty much the same material as the Rune Grammofon CD box set from a dozen years ago btw but without the bonus disc content.

28 minutes ago, armadillo01 said:

Neat! Fans of pitch-black ambient music like Battra, don't sleep on this! P.S. This is pretty much the same material as the Rune Grammofon CD box set from a dozen years ago btw but without the bonus disc content.

OK, now that I see there's a version that's NOT Fifty Dollars...haha.

But I didn't see a sample link and I'm not familiar with this artist at all.

Will have to seek out.

7 hours ago, Battra said:

Yeah, it took me a bit to understand it.

Honestly, I was looking too forward to the weekend at that time to really comprehend anything. : )

The artist did not know how to set up their Bandcamp to be honest. There' no reason I can think of for having three versions of the same bundle listed for purchase.... Oh well!