Ambient Related Releases (Drone, Field Recording, Neo-Classical, Experimental)

2 hours ago, lethalenforcer said:

Apologies if posted already but this one got past me

https://boomkat.com/products/ibm-1401-a-user-s-manual-9488c1a9-d41b-4773-9c7c-15755550e86c

JOHANN JOHANNSSON - IBM 1401 A User’s Manual (limited clear vinyl)

Finally on wax

JJ-v.jpg

Got this in two weeks ago and it sounds amazing. 

13 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

Boomkat's "best of" series kicks off with a Mono No Aware variant... awesome.

https://boomkat.com/products/mono-no-aware-0428e96e-d2ee-478a-92f9-6092530f4271

Shiiiit. One of my favorites this year for sure. Been thinking about pulling a trigger on a copy,  but I was deterred by the price. Not gonna let this slip by though, even if it's gonna cost me ~$45 CDN shipped to Toronto.

Just now, duckydan said:

Shiiiit. One of my favorites this year for sure. Been thinking about pulling a trigger on a copy,  but I was deterred by the price. Not gonna let this slip by though, even if it's gonna cost me ~$45 CDN shipped to Toronto.

I ordered a copy but asked them to hold shipment for a few weeks - I typically order multiple items from their Best Of releases and want them to ship together. They nail it every year with these.

1 minute ago, deer said:

I want that green Mono No Aware a lot, does asking to hold them so they can ship together end up with them combining shipping at the end, or is it just convenience's sake? I'm certainly going to be ordering more than 1 of these.

Boomkat is great. Excited for what's to come.

I think they'll hold the individual orders and then when you ask them to combine + ship, they'll refund you the savings in shipping. At least that's the impression I got when I asked them.

Just now, lethalenforcer said:

I think they'll hold the individual orders and then when you ask them to combine + ship, they'll refund you the savings in shipping. At least that's the impression I got when I asked them.

Sweet. Gonna give them an email + order this now so I don't end up being disappointed when it sells out.

What else do you think is gonna end up with an end of year press?

28 minutes ago, deer said:

Sweet. Gonna give them an email + order this now so I don't end up being disappointed when it sells out.

What else do you think is gonna end up with an end of year press?

Good question. Hoping for special variant of Rainforest Spiritual Enslavement's Ambient Black Magic.

I'm assuming some of the other Best Of editions will be from this list:

https://boomkat.com/bestsellers?q[release_date]=last-year

1 hour ago, lethalenforcer said:

Boomkat's "best of" series kicks off with a Mono No Aware variant... awesome.

https://boomkat.com/products/mono-no-aware-0428e96e-d2ee-478a-92f9-6092530f4271

1.jpg

Jump on this if you’re on the fence, it’s a great compilation. I have a white copy but that green sexy.

4 minutes ago, JRHews said:

Just got my Otto A Totland limited edition today, 142/450 . Great album, but IMO the packaging feels a little more cardboard-y, and lightweight compared to other SP releases. Anyone else notice this?

I got the "regular" from Forced Exposure yesterday. It's a single sleeve with a solid blue cover and a "Pressed in Germany" sticker on the shrink wrap. 

On 12/5/2017 at 8:23 AM, lethalenforcer said:

https://boomkat.com/products/ibm-1401-a-user-s-manual-9488c1a9-d41b-4773-9c7c-15755550e86c

Finally on wax

JJ-v.jpg

One of the great albums of the 2000s.

2 hours ago, MicLima said:

Did you get a shipping notification?  Still waiting on mine.

Got mine from ANOST, not Sonic Pieces, but yes I did get ship note. 

Funny but sad story, I had been waiting to PO from SP for over a week, I'd literally refresh the page every hour, which I had up permanently on my laptop. One day I got so caught up in my studio work for nearly 8 hours I forgot to check. When I did afterwards, they had already sold out.  Lucky I was able to grab one from ANOST before they went as well.

22 hours ago, JRHews said:

Got mine from ANOST, not Sonic Pieces, but yes I did get ship note. 

Funny but sad story, I had been waiting to PO from SP for over a week, I'd literally refresh the page every hour, which I had up permanently on my laptop. One day I got so caught up in my studio work for nearly 8 hours I forgot to check. When I did afterwards, they had already sold out.  Lucky I was able to grab one from ANOST before they went as well.

I did the exact same thing, haha. At one point I got worried that I would miss out from SP, so I just went with anost. Did you get a tracking number from them? My email confirmation is in German and doesn't seem to have any tracking info. 

56 minutes ago, rabbitvinyl said:

I did the exact same thing, haha. At one point I got worried that I would miss out from SP, so I just went with anost. Did you get a tracking number from them? My email confirmation is in German and doesn't seem to have any tracking info. 

Nah no tracking just this. On the 28th of Nov.

HR5CTXD.jpg

Edited by JRHews

On 12/5/2017 at 8:23 AM, lethalenforcer said:

Finally on wax

JJ-v.jpg

4AD is still running their 30% off promo which excludes preorders which, as of today, this LP no longer is. I just got it for $17.50 shipped. Have after it, folks.

ANOST sent me the Otto A Totland CDs instead of the LPs.  Sent them an email four or five days ago and no response.  I never received an order confirmation or shipping notice and the packing slip says I ordered the CD.  I am 99% sure I ordered the LP, but now have no way to prove it and they are unresponsive.  Fuckin' A.

11 minutes ago, floyd_z said:

ANOST sent me the Otto A Totland CDs instead of the LPs.  Sent them an email four or five days ago and no response.  I never received an order confirmation or shipping notice and the packing slip says I ordered the CD.  I am 99% sure I ordered the LP, but now have no way to prove it and they are unresponsive.  Fuckin' A.

how much were you charged? 2 euro difference between the two.

20 minutes ago, batman said:

how much were you charged? 2 euro difference between the two.

Well of course now I can't find the packing slip or the charge on my paypal or credit card.  I'm pretty sure they changed my order though, maybe they didn't charge me?  IDK.  Oh well I'll just sell them on ebay and hopefully make some of my money back.  Shit happens.