Ambient Related Releases (Drone, Field Recording, Neo-Classical, Experimental)

7 hours ago, armadillo01 said:

Never heard of D.Å.R.F.D.H.S. thanks for the recommend.

Has the dreaded hour arrived when VC needs a techno thread??? 

hook me up with that acid techno bois

(about to buy an Analord set too wew)

16 hours ago, WAXXX said:

yeah i recommend that silent harbour album as well. reasonably priced on discogs at the moment: https://www.discogs.com/Silent-Harbour-Silent-Harbour/release/8649124

also recommend Recondite - Placid. it's a little more techno than ambient, but nice and minimal.

Reveal hidden contents

also recommend In The Wake Of The Dark Earth by D.Å.R.F.D.H.S.

https://darfdhs.bandcamp.com/album/in-the-wake-of-the-dark-earth

also recommend Deepchord. lots of stuff to choose from and released a collaboration recently that's pretty good:

Reveal hidden contents

Thanks, I'll be checking it out along with some other recs I got and some stuff I found myself.

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

Now that’s how you start a fucking Monday.  Got the Kompakt e-mail as I was walking into the building to sign in and start the day.  Can’t wait for Amoeba to put this up for $15 and then claim it was an accident.

1 minute ago, Derek™ said:

Now that’s how you start a fucking Monday.  Got the Kompakt e-mail as I was walking into the building to sign in and start the day.  Can’t wait for Amoeba to put this up for $15 and then claim it was an accident.

That indeed sucked. Looks like this will be ~$29, so I'll wait for Amoeba + coupon. I was glad I waited on Narkopop and got it from Walmart.com for like $30.

1 hour ago, lethalenforcer said:

That indeed sucked. Looks like this will be ~$29, so I'll wait for Amoeba + coupon. I was glad I waited on Narkopop and got it from Walmart.com for like $30.

For a double LP, $29 is bearable.

Narkopop for $30 is a steal though.  I definitely didn’t get a deal that savvy on it.  Walmart is the go-to for drone vinyl imports so that makes sense.

6 minutes ago, Plarocks said:

Narkopop for those that missed it. But, ugh...that PRICE! :unsure:

Should be around $59 shipped from Google Express/Walmart if you use the first-order coupon

https://express.google.com/product/16760779475529748225_13965071388684549873_8175035

Discogs has some decent deals on it, too ($50-55).

Edited by lethalenforcer

7 hours ago, lethalenforcer said:

Should be around $59 shipped from Google Express/Walmart if you use the first-order coupon

https://express.google.com/product/16760779475529748225_13965071388684549873_8175035

Discogs has some decent deals on it, too ($50-55).

Thanks for the “heads up.”

I still think $50 is too much for a record though. <_<

1 hour ago, Plarocks said:

Thanks for the “heads up.”

I still think $50 is too much for a record though. <_<

As one of the first people to whine about bloated record price points, I can say that Narkopop is not your standard 2 LPs crammed into a gatefold.  3 slabs of vinyl on top of the CD, housed in a super thick hardcover “book” with quality art.  It’s less a record than it is a box set in my opinion.  Your appreciation may vary but I paid somewhere between $50 and $60 for mine and have nothing to gripe about.

1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

As one of the first people to whine about bloated record price points, I can say that Narkopop is not your standard 2 LPs crammed into a gatefold.  3 slabs of vinyl on top of the CD, housed in a super thick hardcover “book” with quality art.  It’s less a record than it is a box set in my opinion.  Your appreciation may vary but I paid somewhere between $50 and $60 for mine and have nothing to gripe about.

Thanks for the “review.”

I have not seen this in my hand yet, and thought it was packaged more like the former than the latter.

I remember paying $50+ for Sigur Rós “Takk,”  but being very happy with the purchase after seeing the quality of the cover, extra page gatefold, and even the bonus “hidden” record.

Glad the expensive Gas record is of similar quality. 

Edited by Plarocks

The new super-limited 3-LP box set from 1631 Records is for pre-orders now on their Bandcamp page.  The description reads:

Dmitry Evgrafov, Hauschka and Dustin O'Halloran all feature on a snazzy, ltd. edition triple LP box set released next month by 1631 Recordings. With each artist occupying one side of vinyl, it features 4 new tracks each from Dmitry and Hauschka, and 3 from Dustin. Other artists on it are Oscar Schuster, Sophie Hutchings Music and Library Tapes.

Released May 25, the box is limited to 300 copies and individual LP’s are also available separately, ltd to 200 copies each.

It's expensive, but what can you do?

https://1631recordings.bandcamp.com/album/box-set