The o-phish-ial PHISH thread

Despite the fact that I own all of their readily-available LPs and have a complete digital collection of all of their officially released concerts, I still consider myself a pretty casual Phish fan. That being said:

Round Room

Ghost

Nectar

Junta

Hoist

Billy Breathes

Farmhouse

Rift

Lawn Boy

Joy

all the rest 

• 1 month later...
22 hours ago, zdkaiser said:

A Live One boxset $65.

Not sure how much shipping is.

9 left. 

Today only sale.

https://www.plaidroomrecords.com/products/b-phish-b-br-i-a-live-one-4lp-180g-red-blue-vinyl-includes-download-i

I feel like a fucking idiot for buying this at $90 or whatever it was.  Even everybody on Discogs has it for under $80.  Wild.  I was hoping to re-sell this at some point and just make my money back.  Looks like that isn't happening ever haha

• 3 months later...
5 minutes ago, coolio said:

Current rumor is a Billy Breathes RSD exclusive. I personally am also hoping for something special at curveball. 

http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/128620-record-store-day-2018/?do=findComment&comment=2782189

The colored Rift was a festival exclusive, right? Wouldn't be shocked if they did that again. 

10 hours ago, coolio said:

Current rumor is a Billy Breathes RSD exclusive. I personally am also hoping for something special at curveball. 

http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/128620-record-store-day-2018/?do=findComment&comment=2782189

If they didn't just do ALO and now BB, I'd be inclined to agree.  Three releases in a year seems a little much though.  I hope I'm wrong though! 

kangfirmed

/7500

http://phish.com/news/billy-breathes-2-lp-vinyl-record-store-day-release/

On Record Store Day (Saturday, April 21), Phish will release “Billy Breathes”, the band’s sixth full-length studio album, as a limited (individually foil numbered out of 7,500) 180g 2-LP vinyl set, available exclusively at participating independently owned record stores across the country.

Billy Breathes was recorded and mixed in 1996 at Bearsville Studios by John Siket and Steve Lillywhite, and was produced by Phish and Lillywhite. Billy Breathes was originally mastered by Bob Ludwig and released by Elektra on CD and cassette October 15, 1996. The single, “Free”, charted and the album went on to be certified Gold.

Chris Bellman at Bernie Grundman Mastering cut the lacquers from the Digital Audio Tape flat master for the vinyl edition. Each LP includes a free MP3 download of the album transferred from the vinyl.

Billy Breathes Limited Edition 2-LP Vinyl

Side A
Free (3:49)
Character Zero (4:00)
Waste (4:50)
Taste (4:07)

Side B
Cars Trucks Buses (2:25)
Talk (3:09)
Theme From The Bottom (6:22)

Side C
Train Song (2:33)
Bliss (2:03)
Billy Breathes (5:31)
Swept Away (1:16)
Steep (1:37)
Prince Caspian (5:19)

On 3/7/2018 at 7:23 AM, simple_torture said:

Looks like the sticker on this is going to be around $50. Will be waiting for the first post-RSD sale to get it; I learned my lesson with A Live One. 

http://www.bullmoose.com/p/26903827/phish-billy-breathes-vinyl-rsd-2018-exclusive

Yeah....  I'm glad I held off initially on ALO, but even still people are selling it for stupid-cheap on Discogs....seems people can't give it away.  I don't get that at all.  I got it on sale somewhere for like $80 but I thought for sure this would be a massive collectors item that people would hoard like MSG '95. 

You guys really think there will be sales later on that will allow us to get this album under $50?  It's so annoying that they charge so much for the reissue.

1 minute ago, Gumbo72203 said:

You guys really think there will be sales later on that will allow us to get this album under $50?  It's so annoying that they charge so much for the reissue.

The biggest local chain around here regularly does 25% off sales, occasionally 30%. I was able to get Picture of Nectar at an online retailer for less than $30. If you're willing to wait, you can definitely save some scratch! 

I bought a used-but-basically-new copy of NYE about a year ago for $100, and I thought I was overpaying. Turns out I bought it at just the right time. 

51 minutes ago, Plarocks said:

The RSD copy will sell out at $50 a pop.

BUT, it WILL be repressed without a “gold number,” and will become readily available just like the rest.

Save your money, but if you want it next month....

Colored tour wax will trade for “stupid money.” :lol:

Yeah if you don’t care about the numbering you’ll be able to get a plain copy in a few months time for around $35-40.  That’s if they repress it though which they probably will but who knows NYE wasn’t repressed. 

1 hour ago, simple_torture said:

The biggest local chain around here regularly does 25% off sales, occasionally 30%. I was able to get Picture of Nectar at an online retailer for less than $30. If you're willing to wait, you can definitely save some scratch! 

I bought a used-but-basically-new copy of NYE about a year ago for $100, and I thought I was overpaying. Turns out I bought it at just the right time. 

I'd be in for that MSG at $100... that's a good price for 6xLP. 

Also, I hope you're right!  I don't care about any limited anything... I just want the music.  Listening to Nectar and Rift at the Magnaball tent was an incredible experience... the mastering is out of this world on these releases, but I just can't justify $50 on a reissue of an album, regardless of how good it sounds. 

• coolio changed the title to The o-phish-ial PHISH thread