The o-phish-ial PHISH thread

6 minutes ago, Plarocks said:

Up at Elusive Disc:

Phish - A Live One

And ORDERED! 

Ended up being about $1 more than Amazon, and Elusive knows how to package a vinyl LP ;)

Did you use the 20% off code? I'd cancel my Bull Moose and order it there, but I'm worried they won't have enough copies.

7 minutes ago, simple_torture said:

Did you use the 20% off code? I'd cancel my Bull Moose and order it there, but I'm worried they won't have enough copies.

Whoa :o

Thank you for that tip!

I re-ordered with another CC and it took $20 off of my order.

I will call them tomorrow and cancel the first one. ;)

13 minutes ago, dreadpiratewendi said:

I WISH I could utilise that 20% code, but international shipping is $50+, so it doesn't work out better than Amazon for me :/ 

I have had some bad luck with Amazon's packaging. 

Elusive may be worth it for $20+ more, if you want a "mint" box set delivered to you. ;)

It's not so much the packaging for me as the fact that Amazon seems to fail a decent amount on Phish preorders.. at least for me. I've had 2 separate preorders get cancelled on me at the last minute because the oversold. I feel like Elusive, Bullmoose, etc. have a better grasp of what they will receive and thus a much better fulfillment rate.

Love Amazon for most everything... but barely trust them with vinyl and really don't trust them with Phish vinyl.

18 hours ago, zdkaiser said:

Photos of A Live One vinyl. Personally, I'm not crazy about split color vinyl. But, some of y'all may be pleased with the mock ups.

http://drygoods.phish.com/product/PHLP19/a-live-one-4lp-vinyl-box-set?cp=773_98775

fuuuuuuuck, split vinyl is the worst.  There is always a difference in the noise floor between the colors.  On every half/half i've ever had, you hear when the needle passes over to one of the other colors. 

But Phish is usually pretty good with their quality control, so I'm hoping it's fine.  Either way, if it's an issue, I sell it at cost and make $20 haha.  Can't wait to hear this stuff. 

• 1 month later...

FWIW, Bull Moose now has this listed as in-stock at one of their stores (but online ordering is disabled): http://www.bullmoose.com/p/25744774/phish-a-live-one-4-lp-180-gram-red-blue-vinyl-includes-download

No movement on my order yet, but crossing my fingers that it may be shipped out a little early.

My CC got charged from Bullmoose today and I got an "Item Packaged" notification on my account, so it looks like A Live One is going out today.

Has anyone received a shipping notification from elsewhere, or has anyone gotten their LPs yet? I've been keeping an eye on Discogs to see if the release has gotten added, but nothing yet.

• coolio changed the title to The o-phish-ial PHISH thread