PO: Ghostbusters OST

• 2 weeks later...

Pre-orders now available for GBII:

http://www.amazon.com/Ghostbusters-II-Various-Artists/dp/B00M5749Q2/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1407421272

Bobby Brown's "On Our Own" from GBII is fantastic. So damn catchy.

Too bad I already tracked this one down on eBay a year or two ago...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dropping into say two things... A) it was awesome to see this on the big screen last week and B) does anyone know anything about this?

http://www.ghostbustersstore.com/ghostbusters-stay-puft-edition-super-deluxe-vinyl/details/32129306?feature-name=featured&feature=29724416

All I can say for sure is it's the coolest music collectible for the serious Ghostbusters collector.

Dropping into say two things... A) it was awesome to see this on the big screen last week and B) does anyone know anything about this?

http://www.ghostbustersstore.com/ghostbusters-stay-puft-edition-super-deluxe-vinyl/details/32129306?feature-name=featured&feature=29724416

It looks like it may be just a pillow like slip-case with the soundtrack inside. 

It looks like it may be just a pillow like slip-case with the soundtrack inside.

That's gotta be it, they'll probably make -100 of them and write the production number on them and that's it. I don't even know if the original GITD 'single' repress ever even came out, I canceled my order because I realized how dumb it was to spend $20 on it. This whole thing is super dumb, and I dressed up as a Ghostbusters for 4 Halloweens straight.

i emailed them...this is what they said....

This is just a follow up regarding your inquiry. As of the moment, no further details have been released yet, please keep an eye on the storefront as we will be announcing more soon. 

You may also bookmark the store link below and check it fro time to time and we will post updates as soon as they become available. 

• 3 weeks later...

Updated description on the Stay Puft Edition.

"The Traveler has come! Legacy Recordings celebrates the 30th anniversary of the classic comedy Ghostbusters in the biggest, fluffiest way.  The Stay Puft Super Deluxe Edition Vinyl is a limited edition collectible vinyl package in honor of the terrifying but tasty Stay Puft Marshmallow Man. This package contains the No. 1 hit single “Ghostbusters” by Ray Parker Jr. and the fan-favorite  “Ghostbusters” rap by Run-DMC for the film’s hit sequel featured on a white 12” single in a deluxe collectable package.

We’d love to tell you more but you’ll have to wait until October 10th for the official unveiling at New York Comic Con. More details to follow.

In the meantime, here are a few hints:

This package will not only stimulate your sense of hearing but also your sense of touch, sight and smell. While you might be tempted, we don’t recommend you taste it. Some items may be suitable for framing. The music is only featured on one side of the vinyl but the other side can help change your “mood”.

As an added bonus, you will receive a FREE 6 inch Stay Puft figurine with your purchase. 

There will only be 3,000 of this exclusive super deluxe package (complete with certificate of authenticity) and it is only available here."

The “Stay Puft” version of the Ghostbusters soundtrack, which is on sale at the Ghostbusters webstore, actually features scented vinyl and a “marshmallow-like” jacket. The vinyl is of course marshmallow scented and the package includes “3 collectible stay puft lenticulars.”

The “Stay Puft” version of the Ghostbusters soundtrack, which is on sale at the Ghostbusters webstore, actually features scented vinyl and a “marshmallow-like” jacket. The vinyl is of course marshmallow scented and the package includes “3 collectible stay puft lenticulars.”

Screw 180gm, all true audiophiles know nothing matches the fidelity of marshmallow scented vinyl.