The Swellers Calling It Quits

According to the Swellers facebook page the band is calling it quits.  

Here is what the band had to say:  We had our first band practice twelve years ago today. It's been an amazing run. Booking some farewell shows soon. Thank you.

Here is the URL to the posting:  https://www.facebook.com/theswellers?ref=br_tf

They're great guys, but you could see this coming from a mile away. I said a few months ago that I didn't see them sticking around much longer. You could tell from the tone in their social media posts. You can only put your heart into something with no return for so long.

Wish them nothing but the best. The Light Under Closed Doors was a hell of a way to end it.

this. i'm amazed they went as long as they did. and i felt like, after every album, maybe they'd "catch their break", but no such luck. huge bummer all around.

Yeah. Tons of bands go down that way. For some reason when I was reading through this and thinking about how they just couldn't catch their big break the band Over It popped into my head as another one of those that for some reason never caught on the way they should of.

At least they went out on a really strong album. Probably my favorite of theirs.

Yeah. Tons of bands go down that way. For some reason when I was reading through this and thinking about how they just couldn't catch their big break the band Over It popped into my head as another one of those that for some reason never caught on the way they should of.

At least they went out on a really strong album. Probably my favorite of theirs.

definitely. as far bands "in the scene" go, i think such gold will be the next to go. just a feeling... one i wish i didn't have, too.

Over It was on Virgin for a minute, but their album flopped and they got dropped.

It was really easy to see coming post-TLUCD, and the idea of it always being there was depressing, especially because they were one of few real bands left in the scene, and one of my favorite bands

They were the realest guys, and really enjoyed doing what they did, and I wish they had caught on, they deserved it.

At least The Light Under Closed Doors was as good as it was. A hell of an album to go out on.

RIP

• 1 month later...