WHIRR - Sway LP (out on 9/23) and Pipe Dreams Redux

Yeah, I noticed that none of the records look entirely the same. Very cool. Thanks!

Yeah, they're kind of all over the place within that range.  I figure if that's the biggest of my issues with this pressing, it's ok.  It's incredibly rare that we receive vinyl early these days so I'm pretty excited about it. 

If anyone gets their Whirr RC copy in and isn't happy with the sound quality, I would gladly trade my copy I got at the show signed by all five members. My copy is not warped and sounds great. Also, I'll add the #11/25 tour poster I got in as well if I haven't sold it. No one will probably take me up on the offer, but hey it's worth a try!

If anyone gets their Whirr RC copy in and isn't happy with the sound quality, I would gladly trade my copy I got at the show signed by all five members. My copy is not warped and sounds great. Also, I'll add the #11/25 tour poster I got in as well if I haven't sold it. No one will probably take me up on the offer, but hey it's worth a try!

I might be interested in that poster man! Still available?

Hey dude, we've moved on from that discussion. That guy wasn't even talking about this record. Nobody cares about what kind of stupid shit you do with your free time.

Don't get your panties in a twist. You were the one that acted like people that buy a record for trades are pricks. 

I thought this might be worth sharing, kind of a cool story.

So I told my buddy about Whirr a few months back, and he got into them pretty quickly. Ended up going to the San Diego show (I live in the Chicago area), and I asked if he'd pick me up one of the /25 posters. Figured they'd be gone, but worth a shot. I guess he ended up talking to Nick Bassett and got one which is awesome. I'm not certain how exactly this came about, but I'm guessing my friend mentioned that I had turned him onto Whirr or something and that I was dealing with some rough shit at the moment - my dog just passed away last week, and that's been heartbreaking to say the least. Not to get all morbid or anything - but a friend also passed away in the same week, so it's been heavy to say the least.

Anyway, I got this poster in the mail today (along with a setlist), but didn't realize what was on the back right away. I'll just post the pictures to tell the rest of the story. Truly shows how genuine the Whirr dudes are - they did not have to do this at all. My friend said he didn't ask them to write anything at all, so it seems to have been done on their (Nick's) accord. I just think it's pretty fucking special. Might seem 'whatever' to some people, but I figured I'd post regardless.

76UDyxe.jpg

drT6Unh.jpg9IUZb9t.jpg

To clarify, my dog's name was Tess/my name is Alex. I wish I could frame both sides of this. Must figure something out...

Also, anybody notice that it says #1/25 on the front, but on the back it says #1/100? Accident maybe? I honestly couldn't care less about the 'limited' aspect - it's one of a kind to me. One of the most thoughtful, random yet perfectly timed gifts I've ever received. I'll back Whirr forever, no doubt about it.

tl;dr my dog passed away, my buddy grabbed me a poster in SD, and Nick from Whirr wrote a message on the back. says a lot about the dude/band as a whole vs. their online troll persona.

That's just awesome.  If there are indeed 100 copies, maybe you could track down another to have them both framed, to display both sides.

That was my first thought, would be ideal for sure. Unfortunately, they won't be in Chicago until the 23rd. Guessing they'd be sold out of the posters by then even if they are /100. But after hearing all about these alleged /25 posters, I'm guessing this is one of them (#1/25 even lol), the back numbering is definitely strange. I wonder if it was an accident or something?

Anyone happen to grab the same poster?

i was at their show last night and despite being very drunk i remember seeing that poster still out on display for sale at their table.

i think maybe the 1/100 on the back is accurate?

i seem to recall someone in here claiming they saw what they thought were the last couple.

also, i grabbed a copy of sway and managed to get an unwarped one of the brown bone as opposed to that orangey brown some of the dudes in here ran into.

So awesome to see them give a positive experience out of a difficult time. It's actually inspired me to share my own little Whirr story, although mine comes from a pleasant time.

For Christmas this past year, my girlfriend of 5 years (Amy) contacted Nick about sending some of our records out to him to be signed by the band and returning them back. Instead, he picked out his copies of Distressor on 180g and the 2nd press of Around and got them signed by everyone, and included a nice surprise. I have every Whirr variant ever pressed, so to have this piece to add to my collection is so cool. Anyway, here's the surprise I got:

8o9IEbh.jpg