Swans Hype: 2022 Edition

• 2 months later...

I'm about to go listen to Soundtracks for the first time. Never checked it out before, but I figured there are enough members on the boards with similar tastes as mine who really dig that album to merit a solid run-through.

Go through it all, uninterrupted if possible. It's certainly an experience.

Excellent news! I finally got to see them last Saturday and it was so intense.

I was there too! Everything I expected it to be. The first song they played was a new song, apparently. My friend and I were trying to figure out what it was. Frankie M, I suppose it's called.

I was there too! Everything I expected it to be. The first song they played was a new song, apparently. My friend and I were trying to figure out what it was. Frankie M, I suppose it's called.

If your setlist was anything like mine from a week ago, they actually played at least 3 new songs. And they're all incredible. Next album is going to be so very good, and continue the trend of quality found in Seer and TBK.

If your setlist was anything like mine from a week ago, they actually played at least 3 new songs. And they're all incredible. Next album is going to be so very good, and continue the trend of quality found in Seer and TBK.

Were the new songs more short and sweet or more like they have been of late....long with lots of build ups.

Were the new songs more short and sweet or more like they have been of late....long with lots of build ups.

I'm going to say longer. One of them has such a fucking sweet bass groove. It's still so vivid in memory. And who knows if we even got the full version? For example, they played an extended version of Bring The Sun, but didn't play the second half of the 30+ minute track. You just never know with Swans.

I'm going to say longer. One of them has such a fucking sweet bass groove. It's still so vivid in memory. And who knows if we even got the full version? For example, they played an extended version of Bring The Sun, but didn't play the second half of the 30+ minute track. You just never know with Swans.

Thanks for the info. I'd like them to do some more song oriented stuff. I feel like the past 2 records had enough droney walls of sound. I love them, don't get me wrong, but the more upbeat songs on To Be Kind were my favorites.

I do love Filth and, even more, White Light From the Mouth of Infinity, but Soundtracks for the Blind is where they really hit it for me as far as stuff I'd still put on with any frequency. This album has aged so well and can't wait to pick up on remastered vinyl soon, I hope. Anyone else dig the Angels of Light releases too?!

So I am only familiar with the recent Swans albums and was just wondering how their earlier discography compares.

Filth is pretty industrial sounding.  For me, Children of God is the first Swans album that seems to touch some of what they're doing these days.  It's still aggressive, but there are some mellower songs on there as well.

• Derek™ changed the title to Swans Hype: 2022 Edition