The Leftovers [HBO Show]

It sounds like a replacements cover band but no it's a TV show on HBO. 

Watched the Pilot last night and was wondering if anyone else did, I thought the pilot was interesting, as it seemed to give off a September 11th vibe and raised some interesting questions from a story perspective. 

Some reviewers I tend to agree with seemed to like it too:

http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/leftovers-pilot-206348

http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/series-premiere-review-the-leftovers-pilot-paint-the-silence

I greatly enjoyed this first episode. As that AV Club review stated, I like the whole uncertainty aspect throughout the whole episode. Almost like a "what the fuck is going on here?!?!" vibe that seems to lead to more questions than answers. Very much a Lost vibe for sure but hopefully will not succumb to be a carbon copy of it.

Watched this last night and thought it was really well done. I love that you are still thinking WTF is going on even as some of your questions get answered. The preview for the rest of the season looks CRAZY. Mostly glad there is something decent on television that will fill the void that summer programming usually brings. 

More man ass less dog shooting.

Definitely going to keep watching this. Hopefully it doesn't pull an Under the Dome and become unwatchable after a few episodes.

I convinced myself to watch the entire first season of Under the Dome waiting for the big payoff. It never really came and I figured it was for sure going to get canceled. Not falling for it again this season.

I convinced myself to watch the entire first season of Under the Dome waiting for the big payoff. It never really came and I figured it was for sure going to get canceled. Not falling for it again this season.

I thought that too.  Show was pretty damn bad, I had a lot of trouble making it through the first season.  Don't have any interest in the second.

I thought The Leftovers was ok, but I didn't love it.  There wasn't enough mystery to really hook me.  I'll keep watching it, but I'm not blown away yet.