The Leftovers [HBO Show]

I really dig this show! Been watching since the first season and I too think season two is a little better, probably because I'm less in the dark about things. Looks like there might be a new episode I need to catch up on (I watch through HBO GO).

New episodes are up the same day on HBO Go. You don't gotta wait 24 hours like you do with wack ass Hulu.

So about that ending...

So I see two possible outcomes based on the ending of the last episode. One, Kevin is dead and will haunt Nora like Patti did to him. Two, maybe Virgil had to kill himself to bring Kevin back. When the kid comes in at the end, he doesn't look that worried. Like he knew what the outcome would be.

I read an interview with the creator and he said, “You will see Kevin, or parts of Kevin, possibly memories of Kevin, Kevin’s jogging pants, Maybe another character named Kevin, an adolescent game entitled ‘Seven Minutes in Kevin,’ and/or, but not necessarily literally, the ACTUAL Kevin, again.  And soon.”

Man that last scene had me so tense.

Virgil, you better not put that syringe back in the box. Don't do it! Oh thank god, he's moving it towards Kevin. Wait, he's going the wrong direction. Maybe it's just the camera angle. Alright, here we go, gonna administer it. Wait, what, no! Don't spill it all out! Well, maybe he's just getting the dosage right, the measuring lines are in focus after all. Welp, I guess not, it's all over the floor, RIP Kevin. Now what, a gun? The man's already dead from the poison, you don't have to shoot him... Oh, you're shooting yourself, that makes more sense I guess. Jesus, that's pretty graphic, I expected them to just cut to black, but this is HBO I guess.

I think it'll get renewed but it has a pretty bad viewership. True Blood was one of the most watched shows ever on HBO before game of thrones.

Leftovers is in an odd position of being loved by online critics but I'm uncertain if that will carry over to the Emmys and golden globes (which HBO cares about)

I'd put it at 50/50 mostly because HBO doesn't have much in the way of dramas right now

They have a lot of loose ends to wrap up in the finale. Hopefully they get to all of them or make the finale an extra 30 minutes.

the whole point of the show is loose ends though, which is why it's so great

they'll answer some (i.e. the end of this last episode) whenever they feel like it and it hits so much harder because we've been conditioned to expect no closure on anything