The Leftovers [HBO Show]

• 2 weeks later...

• 5 weeks later...

did "heaven" or whatever alt reality he was in literally nuke itself?  is "heaven" no more?  were any of the people he saw actual departed?  everyone I recognized were people who died.  the kids who left their shoes, they died in the badlands, right?  They werent departed

Edited by ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

4 hours ago, stl_ben said:
  Hide contents

Should we read anything into the fact that Laurie wasn't in "heaven"?

I read something about how because Laurie was "at peace" with her death, that's what she wasn't found there.  Although I also read the contradictory fact that Patti was there even though Keven supposedly gave her peace during season 2 in the well.  She could have only been there though because he summoned her.  Cause he knew he would need her help.

7 hours ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Hide contents

did "heaven" or whatever alt reality he was in literally nuke itself?  is "heaven" no more?  were any of the people he saw actual departed?  everyone I recognized were people who died.  the kids who left their shoes, they died in the badlands, right?  They werent departed

my take on things:

i think the "other place" was internal to kevin. i think it's real, but this last visit made it seem like it kind of created itself as it went. i think whoever he would have named as secretary of defense would have shown up. plus the dick scanner and access code 6969 made it seem even more dreamlike. and nobody that he encountered related to their real world counterpart. reflective surfaces = self reflection. he metaphorically killed the self that wanted escape and destroyed the world he was escaping to. i think the last page of his "romance novel" sums it up, and i'm worried that he might be too late to make amends with Nora.

@rooks you're missing out. S1 was good. S2 was excellent. S3 is a masterpiece. 

Edited by batman

13 minutes ago, batman said:

my take on things:

Hide contents

i think the "other place" was internal to kevin. i think it's real, but this last visit made it seem like it kind of created itself as it went. i think whoever he would have named as secretary of defense would have shown up. plus the dick scanner and access code 6969 made it seem even more dreamlike. and nobody that he encountered related to their real world counterpart. reflective surfaces = self reflection. he metaphorically killed the self that wanted escape and destroyed the world he was escaping to. i think the last page of his "romance novel" sums it up, and i'm worried that he might be too late to make amends with Nora.

you're right in the fact that this show is not actually about trying to finding out where the departed went, but has always been about how humanity reacts when an apocalyptic type event occurs.  They've never actually gotten close to explaining what happened, its always been about how man always is trying to figure out the impossible, to answer the unanswerable.  everything ive seen said the finale is incredible.  I can't wait

1 hour ago, batman said:

my take on things:

Hide contents

I dont have as much of a hand in what I watch these days haha. The girl wasn't feeling it, so, we moved on. Between my own tv shows and games, not a ton of room for something I wasn't stoked on. I'll get to it eventually though! The end spoilers you guys are talking about are pretty in line with my initial thoughts, I'm sure some cool shit went down in between though.