The Leftovers [HBO Show]

• 1 month later...
40 minutes ago, dnl said:

Man, idk. All of those other nominations are well deserved (with the exception of House of Cards of course.) And even if I could replace the HOC nominations, I would replace them with Legion or The Americans first. It was just a good year for TV.

Oh believe me, there are a loooot of things that are nominated that are well deserved (Westworld, Master of None, Stranger Things, Atlanta, etc.), I just think it's crazy that The Leftovers got one TINY nomination in something.

But then again, I don't know how the whole "time frame" of things works.  Like, did this most recent season start too late to be considered?  But then that wouldn't make any sense since Ann Dowd got nominated for appearing in like... the second to last episode.

Also, totally with you about Legion.  Did that not get nominated for anything either?  I didn't think to keep an eye out for that.

Edited by FiggyPud

1 hour ago, FiggyPud said:

Oh believe me, there are a loooot of things that are nominated that are well deserved (Westworld, Master of None, Stranger Things, Atlanta, etc.), I just think it's crazy that The Leftovers got one TINY nomination in something.

But then again, I don't know how the whole "time frame" of things works.  Like, did this most recent season start too late to be considered?  But then that wouldn't make any sense since Ann Dowd got nominated for appearing in like... the second to last episode.

Also, totally with you about Legion.  Did that not get nominated for anything either?  I didn't think to keep an eye out for that.

I believe all episodes were eligible for nomination. Honestly, it probably could've gotten more if Handmaids Tale didn't come along last minute and absolutely kill it. I think that show took some nominations from a few shows.

Legion didn't get a nomination which feels like the bigger let down to me. It was the most inventive and original show of the last year imo. It was even looked over in the technical categories.

2 hours ago, dnl said:

I believe all episodes were eligible for nomination. Honestly, it probably could've gotten more if Handmaids Tale didn't come along last minute and absolutely kill it. I think that show took some nominations from a few shows.

Legion didn't get a nomination which feels like the bigger let down to me. It was the most inventive and original show of the last year imo. It was even looked over in the technical categories.

I really did enjoy Handmaids Tale.  And I do think it deserved some nominations, but this last season of The Leftovers was better than this first season of Handmaids Tale in my opinion.

Legion for sure deserved at least some technical/visual nominations.