The Leftovers [HBO Show]

Just watched this. Sooooo into it and like everyone else not sure what's going on. We have HBO Go and watched the making of the leftovers and that cleared up a few things but overall I'm still very intrigued

THR third episode was so great. I am officially really into this series. You can definitely tell Damon wrote the entire season and not just the pilot. He has a way with closing episodes at emotional climaxes that swell with character depth and understanding in the last moments, leaving you with powerful empathy for the character as the credits role. This was one of the greatest aspects of LOST, and Damon is achieving it here, arguably even more artistically. In the final moments of episode one we developed empathy with the cop through the emotional climax if his decision to join in shooting the feral dogs, leaving us the viewer to truly comprehend along with the cop that things have drastically changed, and the world cant deny it any longer. In episode two the final seconds push our empathy for the character of his wife and her silent decision to chop away the life that stood before the departure. Episode three was the most powerful to me though... beginning with the priest setting the letters of the sign for the church; single handedly building a guise of stability on faith. Having the episode close with the all-white groups leader stoically removing the letters while staring him down, that direct stab at his reasoning and faith after all he'd experienced..

Damon is amazing at creating empathy, understanding, and realistic depth for characters.

This is my favorite show airing. Outside of True Detective this may be my favorite series since LOST. It may surpass true detective for me. The focus on character AMD the plot mechanism is just perfectly up my alley.

The Guilty Remnant cult makes me think of Westboro Baptist Church?

Dunno, so far this show has succeeded in making me very angry every episode. Obviously that's a piece of it. I'm so mad at all the weak people that joined cults and stuff after the event. I yell at every character the whole time the show is on.

I mean, it's interesting. well shot, and I'm gonna watch at least 5 episodes. But... it's gotta give me something to think about or be happy about because it really just raises my blood pressure so far.

Dunno, so far this show has succeeded in making me very angry every episode. Obviously that's a piece of it. I'm so mad at all the weak people that joined cults and stuff after the event. I yell at every character the whole time the show is on.

I mean, it's interesting. well shot, and I'm gonna watch at least 5 episodes. But... it's gotta give me something to think about or be happy about because it really just raises my blood pressure so far.

The passive-aggressive behavior of the cult drives me crazy, especially because they claim to not be a cult. Also, they have officially made smoking not cool lol.

I'm very excited to see where this show goes, unlike Lost I don't really want answers and much as I want to see them try and survive amongst each other. Also that parking lot justice on the last episode was almost as intense as Oberyn vs The Mountain!

We are definitely perceiving this show, especially the Guilty Remnants , very differently!

lol, stl_ben is even down-voting my opinions on television shows now :rolleyes:

Interesting dkrtz!  I can only speak from my own point of view, but my girlfriend and I both cringe every time they are on screen! Just wanna grab 'em and shake some sense into them, haha.

As I said, it's an interesting show, I just hope they give me an outlet for the anger soon!  I think they are doing it purposefully though, and doing it very well.  When watching, I feel as frustrated and confused as the people experiencing it firsthand. So, well done in that regard!

Yep stalking you down...not just commenting in a thread I have been in since the premiere.

Yeah I took stalking out, because you're right you've been here!

Still, pretty immature to down-vote my posts for no reason other than personal grudge, that you have for whatever reason :D

Doesn't matter though, I just came to talk about the show.