Available now: Oasis - (What's The Story) Morning Glory remastered

It doesn't sound bad. It sounds like Morning Glory has always sounded: loud. There will never be a good (technically speaking) sounding version of this unless they remix it, which they won't. 

I'm just happy this is available on vinyl again :P

Im in the same boat as you.  In fact they seemed to double down on the loudness in the remastering, but I read a response from someone involved and they basically said that it was an artistic reason in the first place.  I may not have wanted it that way, but I guess I wasnt involved in the creation so I dont really have a choice in the matter.  

Im just happy there are more presses of the album out in the wild now

Im in the same boat as you. In fact they seemed to double down on the loudness in the remastering, but I read a response from someone involved and they basically said that it was an artistic reason in the first place. I may not have wanted it that way, but I guess I wasnt involved in the creation so I dont really have a choice in the matter.

Im just happy there are more presses of the album out in the wild now

When they were making the record they just pushed all the volume eqs to 10, to create the "wall of sound" technique. Being extremely loud is what they were going for, and I wouldn't have it any other way haha

One thing I disliked however is that "Bonehead's Bank Holiday" song at the end of Disc 1 side 2. Such an atrociously bad song IMO, it's like a turd in the middle of an otherwise faultless record. 

I hadn't heard this song before. I agree that it's somewhat annoying, but I got the impression that it was a mostly satirical attempt at making fun of your typical Blur song. Not entirely successful but somewhat amusing in that context.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm super-excited about The Masterplan reissue--when they put a bunch of those tracks on the WTSMG deluxe reissue, I was worried they'd skip it. I might be looking forward to that one the most.

I won't be running out to grab them right away, though; it's still pretty easy to get the first 2 reissues at reasonable prices right now.

I'm super-excited about The Masterplan reissue--when they put a bunch of those tracks on the WTSMG deluxe reissue, I was worried they'd skip it. I might be looking forward to that one the most.

I won't be running out to grab them right away, though; it's still pretty easy to get the first 2 reissues at reasonable prices right now.

The Masterplan Is so good! Will definitely buy.