On 7/6/2016 at 3:07 PM, abovetheearth said:

Stella Diana

Lazy Legs

Figmennt

vvait

(this single of theirs is good)

Single

Rhinos Are People Too

(Abaddon is a killer track, free download on link)

Thanks, Charlie, great rec's, and ours are the same on these - especially enjoyed vvino (checking out that shoegaze tape the single apparently is on) and Rhinos. More synthy and the vocals are different than the RIYL's, but that's OK - they've got a great sound.

Not sure how Tycho got into this thread, I guess on the fringes of -gaze, but his new single has moved in the direction of old-school, instrumental, ambient postrock: Early Hammock meets EiTS with a splash of GIAA. Nicely done in a 3:49 track and makes an odd time signature of mostly 7/8 feel quite natural, but my vinly shelves overflow. Maybe I'll get digital if the rest shores up nicely.  Like others above, I enjoy Awake > Dive.

Edited by drds89
Tycho

Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh!!!!

Lowtide has repressed their phenomenal debut S/T in Translucent Red - only 100 copies - and if your in AUS, order off their bandcamp, o/w Rough Trade is distributing them. Their first press was /300 Black and $$$ due to shipping.

The total came to less than $25ppd to the US, because Rough Trade 1. takes the VAT out 2. the GBP is <1.30 due to Brexit, and 3. RT has decent shipping prices to the US.

I hesitated on the first press, because of shipping $$$ from AUS, but later ended up finding a lonecopy in a Japanese record shop online with incredible shipping, (page 4 on Google search!), but I couldn't help getting this 2nd press as a backup. I couldn't afford to fly Alligatordogtaco back to AUS to pick up this repress ;)  (thanks for picking up the Julia/Spring 7" Jonathan!)

If you haven't heard them, Held and Blue Movie are just mesmerizing tracks for me:

Lowtide: Lowtide

Can order from Rough Trade here:

Order from Rough Trade

17 minutes ago, drds89 said:

Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh!!!!

Lowtide has repressed their phenomenal debut S/T in Translucent Red - only 100 copies - and if your in AUS, order off their bandcamp, o/w Rough Trade is distributing them. Their first press was /300 Black and $$$ due to shipping.

The total came to less than $25ppd to the US, because Rough Trade 1. takes the VAT out 2. the GBP is <1.30 due to Brexit, and 3. RT has decent shipping prices to the US.

I hesitated on the first press, because of shipping $$$ from AUS, but later ended up finding a lonecopy in a Japanese record shop online with incredible shipping, (page 4 on Google search!), but I couldn't help getting this 2nd press as a backup. I couldn't afford to fly Alligatordogtaco back to AUS to pick up this repress ;)  (thanks for picking up the Julia/Spring 7" Jonathan!)

If you haven't heard them, Held and Blue Movie are just mesmerizing tracks for me:

Lowtide: Lowtide

Can order from Rough Trade here:

Order from Rough Trade

I've been trying to confirm the pressing qty on this and cannot find anything official other than the "edition of 100" on the bandcamp page (same one you linked).

My problem with that is that "edition of ###" on BC pages often does not reflect the actual pressing amount, but merely the stock portioned to the BC page.

In fact, since the BC page is for AU sales only, and the RT page is for all else, I may suspect that there's 100 copies (of a larger press) that are available on the BC page.

Thoughts? Would love to see another official source that specifies. 

10 minutes ago, drds89 said:

You got me there. No idea, mate.

Maybe it is more than 100, so no rush then, but even if it is /1000, $25ppd for this gem is worth it.

RT doesn't charge your card til they ship, if that's a concern

Thanks for the heads up on this Don!  I've been looking for a copy of this since I heard the album over a year ago and have had no luck finding a decently priced one.

22 minutes ago, drds89 said:

You got me there. No idea, mate.

Maybe it is more than 100, so no rush then, but even if it is /1000, $25ppd for this gem is worth it.

RT doesn't charge your card til they ship, if that's a concern

I'm more trying to confirm for a Sly post - i wont post something up unless I can confirm that stuff up front.

I've msg'd the band, RT, and the label. I'm sure they'll get back soonish.

aside from that, yes - totally awesome music and on point for the ppd. 

3 hours ago, EHughes527 said:

I'm more trying to confirm for a Sly post - i wont post something up unless I can confirm that stuff up front.

I've msg'd the band, RT, and the label. I'm sure they'll get back soonish.

aside from that, yes - totally awesome music and on point for the ppd. 

Ah, I totally missed your Sly avatar. You all do an awesome job over there.

13 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

I listened to a few of the Lowtide songs, and ordered it right away. Thank for the link.

Whole album is fantastic, I think you'll be happy with it.  Don mentioned Blue Movie earlier, one of the my absolute favorite songs in this genre.  SO good!

Edited by jonrawks

If these are repeaters, sorry, i made sure to do a search. we all know how awesome this search function.

Voices From Deep Below

(Free download)

Everything Fades

(Really liking this)

Seven Tin Stars

(Name Your Price)

Brilliant Beast

(Cassette /100)

The Sleepover Disaster

(Funnel Cloud is a great listen)

Saigon Blue Rain

(dream poppy)

(at some points sounds like 80's love ballads or old 80's movie end credit tunes)

She Bit Her Lip

tumblr_oa5up7QxB11qfvtd2o1_500.jpg

Edited by abovetheearth

1 hour ago, jonrawks said:

Never heard back from Scott, but my loveliescrushing LP showed up today!  Going to give it a listen this afternoon I think.

OK phew, I've emailed him twice for a download code and tracking info like he said to do and i've never gotten a response, was getting a little worried

1 hour ago, Thomas³ said:

That's a hell of a deal for a great EP.

can't recommend this enuff...unfortunately broken up now, but check out one of the dude's new band Lust, they RIP - https://swirlrecords.bandcamp.com/track/home