Shoegaze/Dream Pop Thread

On 11/1/2016 at 10:30 AM, gridsector said:

The new Tears Run Rings album is now up for pre-order:

http://deepspacerecordings.storenvy.com/products/18292175-tears-run-rings-in-surges-lp

See above to hear a track off it. I also found a few copies of the blue LSD 'Heaven' 12" & pink Fauns S/T 2xLP that are up as well, but going fast.

"Store under construction." Sad trombone.

Hey guys, just wanted to put a new release on your radar.  My label's putting out the new No Sun LP 'If Only'. It's loud shoegaze in the vein of Swervedriver and Nothing, with Pity Sex and TF Floral Green vibes.

Listen to the first single/ vinyl pre-order at bit.ly/nosunlp

Edited by julioanta
LINK ISSUE

FF:  Threading - Azure, esp track 2 "Follow" (I'd link but the Barracuda filter at work blocks Bandcamp). Check the rest of their discography as well...

Those vocals from the abyss, drenched in reverb, with the perfect guitar chord changes + sustain/gain/distortion - way up front and loud.

I'm not a melancholy person at all, but this slowgaze/darkgaze is so addictive

If you like Miserable, FVNERALS, etc.  but with male vocals, very similar to KEEP. It's more downtempo - great winding down music. 

Can't wait to get home and grab a beer, put their stuff on repeat.

40 minutes ago, drds89 said:

FF:  Threading - Azure, esp track 2 "Follow" (I'd link but the Barracuda filter at work blocks Bandcamp). Check the rest of their discography as well...

Those vocals from the abyss, drenched in reverb, with the perfect guitar chord changes + sustain/gain/distortion - way up front and loud.

I'm not a melancholy person at all, but this slowgaze/darkgaze is so addictive

If you like Miserable, FVNERALS, etc.  but with male vocals, very similar to KEEP. It's more downtempo - great winding down music. 

Can't wait to get home and grab a beer, put their stuff on repeat.

Thought there was a new release for a second and got real excited!  Good recommendation for sure.   Love to see an LP sometime in the future.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

So at what point can I become impatient with my Lovesliescrushing order without it coming off as rude or unwarranted?

About 3mo ago.

Amazing restraint from everyone here waiting patiently. I think Scott is a straight up guy, so this has me befuddled. I have his snail mail address if anyone wants it who hasn't gotten theirs yet. I would be politely firm with emails and also start sending some cheeky cards/letters until I got an answer, my record or a refund.

16 minutes ago, drds89 said:

About 3mo ago.

Amazing restraint from everyone here waiting patiently. I think Scott is a straight up guy, so this has me befuddled. I have his snail mail address if anyone wants it who hasn't gotten theirs yet. I would be politely firm with emails and also start sending some cheeky cards/letters until I got an answer, my record or a refund.

I may take you up on that.  Did realize that I had ordered this in July of 2015 – literally a year and a half ago.  I shot the band a message on Facebook and wrote Scott through Kickstarter, but I'm expecting 0 response and will probably resort to that address you have, sooner than later.

13 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

I may take you up on that.  Did realize that I had ordered this in July of 2015 – literally a year and a half ago.  I shot the band a message on Facebook and wrote Scott through Kickstarter, but I'm expecting 0 response and will probably resort to that address you have, sooner than later.

It is a release really worth hunting down - musically and production-wise. We had emailed a bit about other things he personally wanted to see on vinyl (like 8  Candy + tracks he wanted to make it an LP as originally intended; I would be totally down for that), but the way this KS winded up, I am not holding my breath this will ever come to pass, at least not via a Kickstarter or Pledge, etc. Maybe CT or someone like that would be willing to press more of his past projects.

With this one,  iirc he rejected the first round of TPs and then had the 150gm vs 180gm mistake by the plant - which I am glad he delayed and made them produce the 180gm.  PM me if you aren't getting a response and want the addy. And hit Twitter, FB, anything he is on. I have not seen him on IG however. 

6 hours ago, drds89 said:

PM me if you aren't getting a response and want the addy. And hit Twitter, FB, anything he is on. I have not seen him on IG however. 

I'll give it a few days, sure, but I may take you up on that offer.  When browsing their Facebook page earlier today, I stumbled across comments from the band – from the beginning of this year – that confirmed there were extras for sale.  It's almost like a handful of orders were mysteriously canceled and there was suddenly overstock to distribute and sell.  What a wondrous thing.  I'm sure there's zero correlation between those copies and the copies that myself and a handful of others on this board are waiting on.  Not to mention another Facebook user who commented on their page, on December 1st of this year, that they're still waiting for a copy.  Really makes you wonder how many people got the short end of the stick and why, exactly.  I was hardly the first person to pledge for this Kickstarter, but I was certainly nowhere near the tail-end.  I recall having money "tied up" in the support for it when it wasn't even funded 50%.  I was rooting for the vinyl press and even pitching the page to friends... but, nothing.  Really the only KS I've had bad luck with, since I didn't hop on that Old Canes one.  It's not too late for Scott and co. to make things right, but I feel like that opportunity is becoming less and less probable with each passing day.

4 hours ago, jonrawks said:

I'm real surprised by how sideways things went with that Kickstarter once it became time to actually ship the product.  He was constantly updating, almost to the point of it being annoying.

Right?  There was such a constant stream of updates – what size and fabric the shirts were going to be printed on, how the posters were turning out, when the test press was shipping out, which image they were using for the pins and buttons, how the test press sounded, what shade of blue the variant came out as – that I figured we were in great hands.  Overbearing as it may have been at times, I'll take an overload of information over being kept in the dark, any day of the week.  But that all took a total 180º at the very end there.

3 hours ago, Sanjuro said:

I just sent Scott ANOTHER email. We'll see if he responds. His inaction and handling of this has ruined my feelings towards his music. This is ridiculous. 

Yeah, I can't fault you for feeling that way at all.  I know there was talk of getting Xuvetyn pressed next – along with some other releases that Don mentioned, above – but at this rate I'm very apprehensive to tie up funds in future endeavors.  This wasn't the cheapest KS of all time; I'm fairly confident I have about $40 in limbo, just for the one copy I ordered.  [And it's since sold for $100 on Discogs, apparently.]  Pretty frustrating to say the least.  Especially since we're well past the point of being able to file for a Paypal refund, I'm pretty sure.  I hope at least one of us get a response before the year is over.  I don't necessarily need the record in hand next week, but an answer would be great at the very least.  Even if it's a genuine "hey, look, we really fucked this up and we're sorry.  We're refunding you now and we apologize for the headache" and nothing else.

11 hours ago, Sanjuro said:

I just sent Scott ANOTHER email. We'll see if he responds. His inaction and handling of this has ruined my feelings towards his music. This is ridiculous. 

Yup same boat here, getting really frustrated and it's leaving a really bad taste in my mouth. Especially considering I know other people in my city have gotten theirs, and his last response to me in September assured me it was on its way

Hey Loveliescrushing folk- good news! Coincidentally, I sent Scott another email last night, and he replied! Apologizing for the delay and saying he is getting back to everyone individually.  He even then sent me another email this afternoon with a pic of the package from the post office - so whoever was in the same boat, looks like things have hopefully worked out

3 hours ago, hookedonsonics said:

Hey Loveliescrushing folk- good news! Coincidentally, I sent Scott another email last night, and he replied! Apologizing for the delay and saying he is getting back to everyone individually.  He even then sent me another email this afternoon with a pic of the package from the post office - so whoever was in the same boat, looks like things have hopefully worked out

Excellent to hear, thanks for the update.  Makes me glad that I wasn't snarky or rude in the messages I sent last week.  Though in all seriousness, I've heard the "I'll be getting back to each of you individually and shipping them out very soon.  Sorry you were in the last batch, but expect it soon!" update about 5 times now.  Really hoping this one is for real.