PO: HAVE A NICE LIFE - DEATHCONSCIOUSNESS RE-ISSUE

I wonder if I am ever going to receive my green copy...I e-mailed them and they replied they did ship it, but the tracking number they provided is for another parcel I have just received (kayo dot's coffin on io)...a  friend of mine in Italy has received it weeks ago.

Mail them about it again. Maybe if you provide the order number/code they could more easily get back to you with the correct tracking number. I received this only last week though...

....what? It's hard to understand your post.

Do you return records if they don't 'feel' like a 180 gram?

And as for the rest of it, dude, it's just variants, right? I get that you want what you ordered but sometimes shit happens and there's nothing you can do about it.

Sorry I was on mobile re: typos.

If they are selling a /500 180gm Black and a regular weight, unlimited Black for $5 difference, and there's no real quality difference, what would you call that?  

All things being equal, the 180gm typically sound better, hence the higher price.  No, I don't weigh them on a scale - if you've have handled enough records, you can tell pretty easily.  I just used the example at hand, P S O T Y, which, by the way, quality wise, blew away the HANL  -- but there is a whole 'nother back story on the HANL and lost masters,etc.

If the Chelsea Wolfe variant is limited, and the black is unlimited  -- and they are charging more for the limited, what would call that?   I like to have different variants sometimes, that is why there is a market. Capiche?   :rolleyes: Otherwise, just go back to all black like I grew up with.

Re: a major gash in a record, I guess you don't understand that either?  Won't hurt your Crossley a bit.  BTW Western Vinyl is being so cool about it, they are just sending out another copy. 

Just a run of bad luck, and I was in a bitchy mood for a change and wanted to vent.

I don't return every little corner ding or seam split fwiw.  Never had major vinyl damage or lost a rare record yet. Hope that day never comes.

re: the topic at hand. I have received my white and green several weeks ago. no shipping notification. not. ever.

edit: yes, you can do something about it. email and politely let them know the mistake, that is why you are still seeing Green and White HANL's show up for sale -- they get extras for just such occasions. You go ahead and roll over, doormat.

The one I got from Deathwish doesn't feel like 180gm at all --compared to the Pet Slimmers 180gm I got this week. But it sounds good, so i'll prob just eat it this time rather than return.

My Balmorhea ST has a huge gash (send this one back), and the Chelsea Wolfe that popped up in

Augst that was sold out in Jnes, was supposed to be the /1000 --- but I had them hold it to ship with ERR's /300 Clear press - which took 2 months!!

And  they sent me Black CW. ugh! That one went back and they weer out of replacements., So they reimbursed me.  

I'm just tired of sending crap back.  More of this kind of poor QC or testing to see to who they can pull over on that any #thehobby I've ever been involved in.  No exaggeration :angry:

Did you order all these from deathwish? If so, damn.

So I pre-ordered the 180 gram black album in July and to this day they have yet to send me a shipping confirmation or even respond to my emails or messages sent though facebook. I am at a loss as to what to do to contact them and send me what I paid for. I live in Texas so its not like it should take a long time to get here. Does anyone have any contact information for them besides their [email protected] email? All i want is for someone to let me know what happened with it  or just send me the record that I paid for. This is getting ridiculous, no other company has done this to me this bad.

All things being equal, the 180gm typically sound better, hence the higher price.  No, I don't weigh them on a scale - if you've have handled enough records, you can tell pretty easily.  I just used the example at hand, P S O T Y, which, by the way, quality wise, blew away the HANL  -- but there is a whole 'nother back story on the HANL and lost masters,etc.

I realize all the arguments for and against 180 gram records - the way you phrased it just sounded like you got a 180 gram record that didn't 'feel' enough like a 180 gram to you, which is something you'd normally return for but this time you didn't. Sounded just a little overly picky. And yeah, comparing sound quality with HANL is pointless at best. Of course I understand returning a record that has a huge gash in it, I wasn't contesting that. Come on now.

edit: yes, you can do something about it. email and politely let them know the mistake, that is why you are still seeing Green and White HANL's show up for sale -- they get extras for just such occasions. You go ahead and roll over, doormat.

..condescending tone aside, a lot of times I just don't find it to be worth the trouble. Accidents happen and in the end I still got a record that I will play and enjoy, I hardly think that's being a doormat. I've had my share of endless emails back and forth about things I have ordered. Lauren Records was the big one, it took months of emailing back and forth and not receiving full orders and receiving things I never ordered, etc. That was worth it, because it was multiple items, some of them presents for others, for a considerable dollar amount. For one record, usually not worth emailing. I think I did it one time, which was the New Best Friends repress. Got dirty snow instead of the haze, and I returned it and got the haze in the mail - and even then I felt really stupid doing it because they're both just black and white, it's the tiniest bit of difference, and I had to eat the cost of shipping it back. Other times I've gotten 'wrong' variants that were advertised as something else (Baths - Cerulean was supposed to be white not black, Blind Melon S/T was supposed to be 'Bee' variant not black), and I deemed it more trouble than it was worth trying to play some email game (or filing reports) and shipping back and forth. I still got the music.

Won't hurt your Crossley a bit. 

You're a funny guy.

Mail them about it again. Maybe if you provide the order number/code they could more easily get back to you with the correct tracking number. I received this only last week though...

I think they have just forgotten to ship the record..after the last e-mail I have received a shipping confirmation, parcel has been sent yesterday!

So I pre-ordered the 180 gram black album in July and to this day they have yet to send me a shipping confirmation or even respond to my emails or messages sent though facebook. I am at a loss as to what to do to contact them and send me what I paid for. I live in Texas so its not like it should take a long time to get here. Does anyone have any contact information for them besides their [email protected] email? 

Try [email protected], he has replied quite soon to all my e-mails.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

GWR05_HANL.jpg?auto=format&fit=max&h=100

Have A Nice Life - Voids CS

Fan Made demo compilation that was originally released by my old label (Music Ruins Lives) in September 2010, finally available again with permission from the band with slightly updated artwork and now on pro produced cassettes.

Pro-dubbed cassettes / pro-printed inserts / black cassettes

1̶s̶t̶ ̶p̶r̶e̶s̶s̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶1̶0̶0̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶g̶o̶l̶d̶ ̶c̶a̶s̶s̶e̶t̶t̶e̶s̶.̶
2nd pressing out of 100 on matte black cassettes.

C90.

Expected to ship around Valentine's Day 2017.

http://planningforburial.bigcartel.com/product/have-a-nice-life-voids-cs-gwr05

(First pressing gold cassette already sold out)

28 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

pissed I missed the gold so I'm not buying >_<

Being a slave to the variant-game sucks but I know how that struggle works.  In a similar situation I'd probably pass on the black and save that money for Discogs prowling, down the road.

Not to downplay anyone's excitement, but its 2017 and I'm still going strong against the recent cassette trend.  Really cool they're making this available, but a shame that it's exclusive to tape.

1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

Not to downplay anyone's excitement, but its 2017 and I'm still going strong against the recent cassette trend.  Really cool they're making this available, but a shame that it's exclusive to tape.

I'd argue that it's a trend in the way that vinyl is a trend.  There's been a very active cassette scene for quite a long time and it's not really going away anymore than vinyl is.  Quite a few artists I like do primarily CS releases and were doing so way before this recent boom.   I won't argue that there are plenty of releases cashing in on the tape trend, but I wouldn't call this one of them.

it's a shame i missed out on the gold. however, i'm going to get the black matte version, copy it to a blank bathtub-white colored cassette of my choosing, slice my finger open with a knife, drip my own blood on the bathtub-white colored cassette copy that i just made and watch the blood dry while listening to the black matte version i purchased. then i'll have the coolest, most-limited version of this pressing.