Nirvana - Feels Like The First Time (Broadcasts 1992-1993)

how's it sound?

The Amazon reviews of the 2012 CD aren't polite:

http://www.amazon.com/Feels-Like-First-Time-Broadcasts/dp/B006ZKAOH8

I know what they say about arguing on the internet, but I don't do it very often.

Almost all the sellers I can find for the blue version say it's a pre-order for release in a week or more from right now. The record label say it isn't out for another week. For the white version to be a 2014 release either a) some places are selling them over a week early (naughty, naughty!) or B) there was a pressing earlier in the year. If it's B) then surely some trace of it should be findable, but there's nothing.

why is it naughty if the LP was released?

Because they're selling the for EXACTLY the same price as SoundStageDirect. Either they bought them in bulk, qualified for free shipping and are philanthropically selling them for no profit and undercutting SoundStageDirect on both domestic and international shipping like some sort of vinyl Robin Hood,

or

They've got hold of them at less than the website price (staff discount?) and are selling them on. That's certainly naughty if the boss finds out.

Still haven't had chance to play my blue vinyl (mad busy with work and away this weekend) I have a pile of vinyl building up that I haven't played so Monday night without fail is vinyl night.

Also just to say the white ones being sold on ebay are coming direct from Soundstage themselves and not an employee who managed to get a few copies, I bought one as the postage to the UK was way cheaper than buying direct and the Paypal went direct to Soundstage. Not sure why they would want to undercut themselves on ebay but I guess it's a dog eat dog world out there selling records

When this PO went up i searched around for some info on the older pressing (to see how it sounded, and if it was worth purchasing)

I couldn't find many reviews except for the few on amazon.com. Then i was searching amazon.ca and found a copy available for $12 less than this preorder (no reviews though).

I purchased it but haven't received it yet. 

When this PO went up i searched around for some info on the older pressing (to see how it sounded, and if it was worth purchasing)

I couldn't find many reviews except for the few on amazon.com. Then i was searching amazon.ca and found a copy available for $12 less than this preorder (no reviews though).

I purchased it but haven't received it yet. 

I didn't think any got pressed first time round, or at least if they did they didn't make it out for sale.

I've listened to mine now, Sides A and B sound a bit like a better quality audience recording but that's probably doing it a bit of an injustice to be fair. Sides C and D are much better though.

Having had a better listen to most of it now yes sides C and D sound quality is the better of the two records but the breaks between tracks are pretty brutal, I guess they had to remove any references to the Triple J.

Haven't listened all the way through side D yet, just the Triple J part. side D is made up of bits from three different broadcasts

Alright, so I got a chance to listen to this front to back. Instead of giving a horribly long synopsis and breakdown of the audio quality, I'll be brief. Just turn this fucker up to 11 and it's gold. It reminds me of the QOTSA boot I have, it sounds good but fuck is it quiet. If you have a nice system and turn that shit up you have spent $25-30 successfully.