Minus the Bear - Planet Of Ice 2xLP Reissue

22 hours ago, dapeebs said:

Stupidly missed out on their 10 year tour for Menos El Oso. No way I’m missing out this time around. 

How is Irving  Plaza? I’ve never been to a show there.

I don't care for it. If you get there late it's tough to get a good sight line and you'll get caught behind the sound booth.

I’m not one to audibly groan over something so stupid but did anyone see this?

i know SS has been gun-ho on promoting their smaller unknown bands but I thought this was in incredibly bad taste.

its literally mtb’s anniversary tour... nobody gives a shit about The Coathangers opening, especially when you make it seem like it’s their headlining tour... 

interested to see how others feel about this

1 hour ago, ethereal said:

I’m not one to audibly groan over something so stupid but did anyone see this?

i know SS has been gun-ho on promoting their smaller unknown bands but I thought this was in incredibly bad taste.

its literally mtb’s anniversary tour... nobody gives a shit about The Coathangers opening, especially when you make it seem like it’s their headlining tour... 

interested to see how others feel about this

I personally feel that giving an opening band the appearance of top billing by way of poster design aesthetic is purely counter-intuitive and from a music-going standpoint it makes me feel annoyed because my first impulse was to feel disappointed that MTB's anniversary tour was to be carried out as an opening band but actually having to read carefully through poster revealed that was not the case.

I've seen some posting about complaints that Suicide Squeeze seems to be, in some people's estimation, awkwardly and superfluously favoring support to its acts that are all-female or female majority bands. I'm not sure I agree but I haven't been following their promotion at all. I look at SS for old TAAS and MTB news and merch. Those are the only bands associate with that label that I know that I care about. Not sure if this is another link in the chain of that argument but taken at face value, not considering gender makeup of the personnel of each band, it seems weird.

However, often times when a band is creating promotional materials for their own band for a tour wherein the place of the band in question is at an opening slot, they will still prioritize their own name in size and syntax on the poster to show their distinct fanbase that the advertisement concerns their band primarily and the details regarding the opening status or  a simply NOT-top billing status are shared below. This to me is acceptable.

Holding a grudge against SS in this case, may be a little misguided. It maybe depends on who the source is for that particular flyer. Did the band provide it or did the label? On the other hand, it may not really matter because fans of The Coathangers who don't care about MTB will be happy to see the aggrandizement of the band they care about and the details of their place in the lineup are their cross to bear if it need be an issue. Clearly SS is promoting using materials in support of both acts as they pertain to each bands' unique fanbase.