Video game OSTs

A lock might not be the worst thing for this thread at this point.  Well not for VGM in general but re: the boots and stl_ben stuff.

Anyone who's not on the list but should be can PM the guy or just get the info 2nd hand from another member.

this thread isnt just for one guys releases, its for videogame OST's in general. locking it would be counter-productive.

this thread isnt just for one guys releases, its for videogame OST's in general. locking it would be counter-productive.

Well it was for other releases/wishlists really until we hit pg 8 of this thread, then it was mostly to Annefrankzappa's releases..... I mean I think we might have 10 pages of other VGM talk compared to 30+pages of discussing AFZ's boots. I remember those days...things seemed so bright and full of hope.

Well it was for other releases/wishlists really until we hit pg 8 of this thread, then it was mostly to Annefrankzappa's releases..... I mean I think we might have 10 pages of other VGM talk compared to 30+pages of discussing AFZ's boots. I remember those days...things seemed so bright and full of hope.

Truth.  If this one was to get locked, we could just start a new VGM catch-all thread, and stop talking about the boots.

I think there have been some minor past incidents, but nothing major, really.  

The info leaking thing is just way out of line, and I can see why people are pissed.  At least remove the blog post, amirite?  I interpreted his reasoning to be that it's fine to do so, because they are 'bootlegs.'  At least annefrankzappa is making a quality product and trying to do it as legit as possible by seeking licences and sending creators payments for their work.

To try to answer your question, I guess you could say it's 'the straw that broke the camel's back,' but I mean it's a huge straw. Like if you had a single piece of straw that somehow weighed a metric ton and dropped it on a baby camel.  Then he acts like he didn't just murder a baby camel.

CAMEL MURDERER!

Isn't this thread already the "VGM catch-all thread?" it is called "video game osts"

A few posts above you'll find the following...

Start a new thread and it could just devolve again talking about the boots. 

I think most of us know that the first rule of the boots is not to talk about the boots.

A few posts above you'll find the following...

I think most of us know that the first rule of the boots is not to talk about the boots.

I think it's just stupid to Lock this thread that is a general thread and then create a new one. Members just need to stop talking about the boots, if it is so much of a problem 

I think it's just stupid to Lock this thread that is a general thread and then create a new one. Members just need to stop talking about the boots, if it is so much of a problem 

Yeah, well stop talking about them completely is kind of rash, but keeping it contained and not reblogging and posting on social media, etc.

It makes me wonder if he should just go ahead and just release albums when possible with very little lead-up. Just one email alert of a drop, show off the vinyl cover, no tracklist, and hours or day later allow orders to come in. It's the only way at this point cause being nice to everyone is causing major issues.

It makes me wonder if he should just go ahead and just release albums when possible with very little lead-up. Just one email alert of a drop, show off the vinyl, no tracklist, and hours or day later allow orders to come in. It's the only way at this point cause being nice to everyone is causing major issues. 

That seems like a good idea. 

You have what, 48 hours to say you want one (or two, whatever), then you get a PayPal invoice? Then once orders are closed, then the info comes out? The people who are fans are probably going to get it based on the game, and the people looking to make a buck get less of a chance?