Video game OSTs

I know it's picture discs, but did you try getting the FFVII 2LP? There was also a 5LP boxset of the early FF games, but I know you said newer FF though.

I honestly doubted how worthwhile the FF7 picture discs would be, but they sound amazing, especially considering they're just midi. Expensive, but it's worth it if you're a fan.

^Now THAT would be a soundtrack. While on the subject of Sega, I'm surprised there's no mention or a booming interest in Sonic 1, 2, 3, & Knuckles Soundtracks. Those have some awesome, throwback jams. I'd love to play Sky Sanctuary Zone, and the Ice Cap zone music, but I guess one long youtube video is good enough. It's definitely for Nostalgia purposes.

Also with these new Rare vinyl, I know they're available to coincide with Rare Replay, but everyone knows the DK country series has the best music from any Rare game. I'd settle for a 7" Sticker Brush Symphony b/w Underwater level from DK 1.

One more game I really wish would get the vinyl treatment is Halo 3: ODST. That has some of the best 'chill-mood' music of any recent game as far as I can recall. I would love to play those slow songs on a rainy night.

^Now THAT would be a soundtrack. While on the subject of Sega, I'm surprised there's no mention or a booming interest in Sonic 1, 2, 3, & Knuckles Soundtracks. Those have some awesome, throwback jams. I'd love to play Sky Sanctuary Zone, and the Ice Cap zone music, but I guess one long youtube video is good enough. It's definitely for Nostalgia purposes.

Also with these new Rare vinyl, I know they're available to coincide with Rare Replay, but everyone knows the DK country series has the best music from any Rare game. I'd settle for a 7" Sticker Brush Symphony b/w Underwater level from DK 1.

One more game I really wish would get the vinyl treatment is Halo 3: ODST. That has some of the best 'chill-mood' music of any recent game as far as I can recall. I would love to play those slow songs on a rainy night.

I totally agree about the Sonic music, I grew up with those games and I still love that music. Donkey Kong Country too - beautiful music.