Video game OSTs

The people that created the music, get NO MONEY from a license. A vast majority of them own no rights to their own music, as almost every japanese game composer pre 21st century was a contractor, therefore a license is a moot point in a paying the creators argument.

Also all my upcoming releases are licensed and Ill still be donating to the creators regardless.

How many other companies with licenses give ANYTHING to the original creators btw? 

You're seriously over-glorifying yourself with these recent posts. If the composers and musicians can be humble, why can't you? They were contracted to do what they did years ago. Many artists are just happy their music is heard and their name is recognized, their work is an art, and a business is a business. It's not every record company's purpose to lick each shoe of every video-game artist they adore. They invest time for money like every other record company.

Claiming that you have redeemed yourself by giving money to composers/charity in an attempt to make other 'video game' record companies look less-viable is just weak.

No ones stopping you from what you are doing, people are still going to buy your records. I respect what you're doing and the work you've put into spreading other peoples music, but man, you've got a long way to go.

You're seriously over-glorifying yourself with these recent posts. If the composers and musicians can be humble, why can't you? They were contracted to do what they did years ago. Many artists are just happy their music is heard and their name is recognized, their work is an art, and a business is a business. It's not every record company's purpose to lick each shoe of every video-game artist they adore. They invest time for money like every other record company.

Claiming that you have redeemed yourself by giving money to composers/charity in an attempt to make other 'video game' record companies look less-viable is just weak.

No ones stopping you from what you are doing, people are still going to buy your records. I respect what you're doing and the work you've put into spreading other peoples music, but man, you've got a long way to go.

You're my new official stream-of-conciousness. Putting my thoughts together into sentences way better than I can.

And Rooks, you're the best buddy.

I was only here because the pokemon art didn't look very good, but I'm staying because annefrankzappa came here in here with all this, "fuck the haters," and "you can't draw better" garbage. So to summarize, his talk is as mature as his drawing.

So, okay, you want to tell me I can't do better than you? Okay, says the guy whose instagram and etsy are filled with properties, characters, and catchphrases that you didn't create. You're selling music you didn't create, with covers inspired by something else you didn't create. I don't care about the legal, ethical, or moral aspects of this, but it says a lot about you as an "artist."

Man I can't wait for MGS5!! My copy was sent on Wednesday, so I'm really hoping it turns up today or tomorrow.

Are you serious? Pretty jealous about that. I'm on the fence on whether I'll nab on ps3 or finally buy a ps4 for that 60fps.

If anyone here had any common sense, this thread would be 5 pages shorter.

It would probably be at least 20+ less especially when it was more like a moonshake records thread than VG thread.

d01ea9d0-7f16-0132-43be-0ebc4eccb42f.gif

This thread is getting the lockdown.

Sales and advertising of bootleg releases will no longer be tolerated around here. It has not in the past and still won't be. Only reason this thread got allowed to go so long was it was all being kept secret and hush-hush via emails and offsite. Not anymore.

Now things have escalated with arguments and general bad/shady business practices.

In future...do not post if you're selling bootleg releases. You will be banned permanently from the boards.

If a new thread for LEGIT video game OSTs is to be started, go ahead, but it will be watched due to nonsense that has occurred here.