PO: Jawbreaker - 24 Hour Revenge Therapy reissue

Out 10/14/14

10345575_10152514038772141_1246211811434

Pressing Info:

300 Red Vinyl (SOLD OUT)

???? Black Vinyl

http://www.jawbreakerband.com/store/

https://midheaven.com/item/24-hour-revenge-therapy-by-jawbreaker-cd#.U-5h4WNEMm0

Tracklist:

1. The Boat Dreams From The Hill
  2.  Indictment
  3. Boxcar
  4. Out Patient
  5. Ashtray Monument
  6. Condition Oakland
  7.  Ache
  8. Do You Still Hate Me?
  9. West Bay Invitational
  10.  Jinx Removing
  11.  In Sadding Around
  12.  The Boat Dreams From The Hill (alt)
  13.  Boxcar (alt)
  14.  Do You Still Hate Me? (alt)
  15.  Jinx Removing (alt)
  16.  First Step (outtake)
  17.  Friends Back East (outtake)

Yeah! I was wondering if they were going to make the 20th anniversary year. The Bivouac remaster was very tastefully done, and I thought it improved on the original enough to make it my go to listening copy. Hopefully this turns out the same. Great album, with some of the best Jawbreaker songs. Looking forward to this.

Remember a few years back when tons of new copies of this showed up at record stores? Pretty sure whoever's left of Communion just repressed a bunch to fill out leftover sleeves or something but it made me worry that Adam would never be able to remaster/repress this because they were withholding the masters or something.

Assuming this is done from the original analog masters, this should sound absolutely excellent. Stoked.

how do you tell the 'original' pressing from the represses they did over the years...

this one never seemed that hard to get ahold of...

the bivouac/chesterfield king reissue sounds great though. i wish he'd have just put all the songs on one disc tho. or 2xlp if necessary.

i wonder if all the bonus songs will be on the vinyl or just the cd.

how do you tell the 'original' pressing from the represses they did over the years...

this one never seemed that hard to get ahold of...

Don't think there's a difference between early pressings and the random copies that were pressed over the years. I don't think they made new plates or anything but maybe I'm wrong. I bought my copy new in 2005 maybe- Reckless here in Chicago had plenty in stock so I assumed it was just a new pressing but they were all gone the next week and never showed up again.

I thought that was one of those "found" copies situations.

I think the essence of the quotes around the word "found" in those situations is that the label actually did a small run of new copies with old plates to meet demand/pay some bills. Communion, or what's left of it (Midheaven/Revolver), could very well have found a few hundred copies but it seems more likely that when Revolver got into direct-to-consumer sales, they just pressed a round of them. I remember there was another time that this record popped up on store shelves (early 2000s?) so I figure they pressed the minimum run a few times.

Total conjecture on my part as I don't think anything's ever been confirmed but hopefully that point is moot now since we'll all have access to new copies soon!