PO: Adebisi Shank - This Is The Third Album Of A Band Called Adebisi Shank

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Got the orange in the mail today. The vinyl sounds fantastic and the album is insane. This might be my favorite from them so far.

After just one listen, I'm pretty confident in calling this their most consistent album to date.  Second Album starts off so strong, but I feel like it packs in too many great songs in the first half.  Doesn't leave as much for the back half, but maybe that's just me.  This one, though, feels a little more solid all around.

I just discovered this band. 'Been slowly catching up. I like it so far.

Ever since Breadwinner got reissued for RSD this year, i've been searching for bands like this.

This sounds more like Battles though.

Other bands like Lazur/Wulf and Loincloth have also fallen into my ears lately.

Keep it on!

Bring a tour to the States!

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping this thread because I want to see if anyone else can't get enough of this record. It hasn't left my car; if you haven't felt the kick of World In Harmony via surround-speakers, you're not living life. But for real – I don't think record will crack my top 10 albums for 2014, but I'm still enjoying the hell out of it. I think the pace and flow are incredibly well done. It's one of those albums that I could very easily burn myself out on if I'm not too careful. The sheer amount of vocoder (and the chip-tune vocals in Thundertruth) had me a little iffy on the first listen... but once it clicks, it clicks. Even that goofy-ass intro to Mazel Tov has earned a place in my heart. I imagine that a lot of Adebisi fans - because there are so many - will probably be a little put off by the dominant electronic on this album... but if they can get over it, I think they'd find Third Album to be super rewarding. I know I have. I'm reading some references to Anamanaguchi in various reviews and discussions of this album. And while I'm not personally familiar with them, I know they've got a decent following. Just something of interest I figured I'd mention.

Also... if anyone is familiar with Fang Island and CHVRCHES, does the (album version's) intro of Big Unit not sound like a sweet matrimony of the two? Or am I just imagining that? So good.

Also... if anyone is familiar with Fang Island and CHVRCHES, does the (album version's) intro of Big Unit not sound ike a sweet matrimony of the two?  Or am I just imagining that?  So good.

I've been meaning to listen to this for a while, but that line just bumped it up on the list.  I'm going to queue it up when I get to work tonight.

• 5 weeks later...

via facebook

THIS IS THE END OF A BAND CALLED ADEBISI SHANK

Dear friends,

We hereby announce the end of a band called Adebisi Shank. From the three of us to all of you, thank you for coming with us on this crazy journey. To Cathy and the Sargent House crew past and present, thank you for believing in us.

Life and music moves on - Lar is making music in All Tvvins, Vin is producing/mixing, working on video games and other cool stuff as VMC Sound, and is also one half of Speed of Snakes. Mick will continue to train for his UFC career.

This Thursday and Friday in Whelans, we will play on an Irish stage for the very last time. Join us if you can. After that, we intend to honour our one existing overseas tour commitment.

To any kids starting bands we offer one piece of advice - play music you love, with people you love, for the people you love.

We saw a million faces

Vin, Lar + Mick (-_-) xxx

• 3 weeks later...