I just got one of the best deals of my life.

Not the best deal ever, but I got my copy of Passion Pit - Chunk of Change for $17 shipped from the UK last year (typically sells for $100+ in the rare event that it goes up for sale). Unfortunately, it came in a generic sleeve because some punk stole the original sleeve from the shop's showroom, but the shop was nice enough to email me asking if I still wanted it, and they didn't charge for shipping to make up for the missing sleeve. That being said, if anyone happens to have a spare sleeve for this hanging out at their place...

I also got a sealed copy of Manners for $20 (also usually sells for $100+) from some random distro company in late 2012; it was the last time I ever saw a copy go for retail price. Why Frenchkiss/Columbia still hasn't repressed either of these is beyond me.

Not the best deal ever, but I got my copy of Passion Pit - Chunk of Change for $17 shipped from the UK last year (typically sells for $100+ in the rare event that it goes up for sale). Unfortunately, it came in a generic sleeve because some punk stole the original sleeve from the shop's showroom, but the shop was nice enough to email me asking if I still wanted it, and they didn't charge for shipping to make up for the missing sleeve. That being said, if anyone happens to have a spare sleeve for this hanging out at their place...

I also got a sealed copy of Manners for $20 (also usually sells for $100+) from some random distro company in late 2012; it was the last time I ever saw a copy go for retail price. Why Frenchkiss/Columbia still hasn't repressed either of these is beyond me.

I got manners for $20 as well!!! High five!

I also grabbed devotchka "how it ends" for $25 on orange vinyl from ebay. I think it goes for more than that but I never see it up for sale.

WhaaaT

Been lookin for this one for a while

How'd you find this Greek record store?

It was on maybe the ninth page of me searching google for the LP, they'd literally had it traded in a couple of days earlier! Had to use google translate for my email but we worked it out. I just need Brain Thrust Mastery now, and there's no chance of it getting repressed any time soon...

Awhile back I bought a bunch of records from a dude off of Tumblr. I think the I spent under $60 for all of them.

The best from the group where:

The Format - Time Bomb (blue)

Title Fight - The Last Thing You Forget (black)

The Wonder Years - Don't Let Me Cave In (grey)

The Wonder Years - Came Out Swinging (green)

The Wonder Years - Suburbia (grey)

+a couple others

I'm ragingly jealous of Time Bomb.

Ugh. Infintely jealous. All I have is the black Dog Problems reissue.

I just recently bought the first pressing of Dog Problems from Royce. I still need the other variant of I+L but I figure I can pick that up sometime in the future for a fair price. Though I could just give up on trying to get the rest and sell them to you instead ;)

3 years ago, my boss at the time was trying to clear space in her house. Got Converge - Halo in a Haystack and the original Unloved & Weeded Out from 1995. Along with the Modern Life is War Demo 7" and American Nightmare 4-Song Demo (both 2nd pressings), and a few Deftones records for $80. Obviously those Converge records were the gold in there.

I just recently bought the first pressing of Dog Problems from Royce. I still need the other variant of I+L but I figure I can pick that up sometime in the future for a fair price. Though I could just give up on trying to get the rest and sell them to you instead ;)

I mean. When I have a nice chunk saved up, you definitely could. I want I+L but I figure I can pick it up whenever. I wouldn't give up on the set, The Format are one of my favorite bands. You should post a picture of what you have in the collection thread. Do you collect fun. too?

I mean. When I have a nice chunk saved up, you definitely could. I want I+L but I figure I can pick it up whenever. I wouldn't give up on the set, The Format are one of my favorite bands. You should post a picture of what you have in the collection thread. Do you collect fun. too?

I have the orange copy from the bundle. I figure the black would be easy to pick up as long as know one is trying to flip it.

As for posting a picture, already did back around RSD. I need to take a better picture of it though with all together. Just need to find the actual space to do so. And yurp, I think the only thing by them that I'm missing is Walking the Dog 7".

From the "Instrumental Music" thread...

I went on vacation the past couple weeks and hit a few record stores along the way. I found this gem for $4 in the bargain bin at Mississippi Records in Portland. It's the tour copy /100, and the inner sleeve is signed by Andrew Barnes and Tim Skirven. I was shocked to find this!

Lkq4cRyl.jpg

My Dad found these:

Beck - Midnight Vultures on Bongload records for 50 cents.

Pink Floyd - DSOTM original US press with posters and stickers. All mint, for 10 cents.

Both from the same second hand store, but not at the same time. I still have the Floyd. I flipped the Beck for $100, so I could buy my Dad the original Impulse pressing of Ahmad Jamal's The Awakening.