The Unicorns - Who Will Cut Our Hair When We're Gone REISSUE

It's finally happening

http://consequenceofsound.net/2014/07/the-unicorns-announce-reissue-of-who-will-cut-our-hair-when-were-gone/

unicornshairreissue.jpg?w=800

To concide with their upcoming reunion tourThe Unicorns have announced a reissue of their third and final album, 2003′s Who Will Cut Our Hair When We’re Gone?. It will be available digitally (July 29th), on CD (August 26th), and as a limited-edition vinyl (October 7th) via their own Caterpillar Records imprint. That’s the re-touched album art above.

The digital version will feature four bonus tracks, three of which have never before been released. Two of those tracks, “Let Me Sleep” and “Evacuate the Vacuous”, are taken from the album’s original sessions from June/July 2003. The third is a cover of Daniel Johnston’s “Rocket Ship”, an equally-bizarre, slightly poppy version that’s now streaming below.

i was there at their final show in houston texas when they broke up on stage. Nick Diamonds chugged an entire bottle of red wine, threw the bottle into the crowd and just ranted for 20 minutes in the middle of haunted house. Eventually Alden left the stage after 5 minutes, then Jaime, then Nick ended up rolling on the ground moaning and trying to roll off the stage with the fans pushing him back on. Probably the greatest show I've ever witnessed live