PO: Weezer - Everything Will Be Alright In The End - PledgeMusic

i dont think any have shipped yet. i ordered mine from the pledge site.

As a longtime weezer fan (weezer rebel alliance anyone?), this is the first weezer album I've really enjoyed since make believe. Sure, there were some bright spots on red, rad, and hurley, but there are some truly great moments on EWBAITE. It plays like a classic weezer album even though there are a couple of minor misfires.

Well, I have been expecting...almost wanting even...to hate this record, but for whatever reason, I can't seem to.  After the initial cringe-y self-referential lyrics of "Shack" and then that gosh awful "Cleopatra" (which I still think is just fucking weird and should have been scrapped), I'm finding myself enjoying the album immensely.  What I don't get is the love for "Da Vinci".   Does anyone else hear "Pork And Beans"?  The whistling gets in my head and not in a good way.  *skip*

So yeah...toss Cleopatra and Da Vinci and it's a pretty solid album despite a few other awkward moments here and there - e.g. - the guitar work in the trilogy is kinda awkward in places, the spoken word portion of "I've Had It.." is a bit odd, and a few of the songs are almost too "color-by-numbers" Weezer tracks. the theme of the album is kind of  lame IMHO.  Would have preferred different (color theme) artwork and none of the Everything Will Be Alright stuff, but still a good effort and leaps and bounds better than anything since the Red Album.

Well, I have been expecting...almost wanting even...to hate this record, but for whatever reason, I can't seem to. After the initial cringe-y self-referential lyrics of "Shack" and then that gosh awful "Cleopatra" (which I still think is just fucking weird and should have been scrapped), I'm finding myself enjoying the album immensely. What I don't get is the love for "Da Vinci". Does anyone else hear "Pork And Beans"? The whistling gets in my head and not in a good way. *skip*

So yeah...toss Cleopatra and Da Vinci and it's a pretty solid album despite a few other awkward moments here and there - e.g. - the guitar work in the trilogy is kinda awkward in places, the spoken word portion of "I've Had It.." is a bit odd, and a few of the songs are almost too "color-by-numbers" Weezer tracks. the theme of the album is kind of lame IMHO. Would have preferred different (color theme) artwork and none of the Everything Will Be Alright stuff, but still a good effort and leaps and bounds better than anything since the Red Album.

They should have changed most everything but you like it? I'll take it.

Everyone I've talked to has a different top 3, which I think is a good sign of how cohesive the album is. There aren't 1 or 2 clear, standout singles like on every other modern post-Pink Weez jam.