PO: Weezer - Everything Will Be Alright In The End - PledgeMusic

It just seems like most of what you add to any discussion is "Look at my blogggggggg, guys. I write about music!"

I'm sure you're a fine person, your posts just annoy the shit out of me. No big deal.

Fair enough. That really isn't what I mostly add. I started my own thread about my blog in the everything else section. When there's stuff I write that I think would be pertinent to a thread, yes, I do post it there. I have every right to, just as you have the right to block my posts. 

Fair enough. That really isn't what I mostly add. I started my own thread about my blog in the everything else section. When there's stuff I write that I think would be pertinent to a thread, yes, I do post it there. I have every right to, just as you have the right to block my posts. 

It also doesn't help that your blog post doesn't add anything of value to the discussion. You titled it "In defense of...: but failed to defend it all, you just recapped what others said and then basically said "Hey come on guys, it sucks but it kind of fun sucks right?". You title seems to be nothing more than Click Bait to an article of very little, if any substance, kind of like most new weezer songs. 

It also doesn't help that your blog post doesn't add anything of value to the discussion. You titled it "In defense of...: but failed to defend it all, you just recapped what others said and then basically said "Hey come on guys, it sucks but it kind of fun sucks right?". You title seems to be nothing more than Click Bait to an article of very little, if any substance, kind of like most new weezer songs. 

That's great that you think that! Thanks for the feedback. Just to spell it out for you though, I was pointing out that Rivers said "all the other albums" in addition to the Blue Album and Pinkerton, and I think all people saw was the Blue Album and Pinkerton.

I wrote a little article regarding the new song. Like most people, I agree it's not great, but...

http://octavesingrooves.com/2014/07/22/in-defense-of-weezers-new-song-back-to-the-shack/

it doesn't surprise me that ppl are down voting you considering the rest of the comments in this thread. I haven't heard the single yet, but i like Weezer, old and new.

IMO, one of Weezer's best qualities was their ability to write songs that were goofy and had a degree of naivety, but managed to be sincere and heartfelt. Now their lyrics are goofy with what seems like an intention of being funny, but they're not, at all. It's a shame, I even felt Make Believe was a pretty good album, and I keep holding out hope that they'll return to greatness, but it's just not there. Sounds like they're just phoning it in.

it doesn't surprise me that ppl are down voting you considering the rest of the comments in this thread. I haven't heard the single yet, but i like Weezer, old and new.

Why doesn't it surprise you? In his article, he pretty much agrees with everything in this thread. Did you read it? (Most people don't just downvote people if they disagree with their opinions. Y'know, because we're mostly adults here.)

Why doesn't it surprise you? In his article, he pretty much agrees with everything in this thread. Did you read it? (Most people don't just downvote people if they disagree with their opinions. Y'know, because we're mostly adults here.)

I love how you try to take the high road with "adding to the conversation" when you were one of the main perpetrators of making that Blink thread a complete shit show.

Also, you clearly didn't read the article.

I love how you try to take the high road with "adding to the conversation" when you were one of the main perpetrators of making that Blink thread a complete shit show.

Also, you clearly didn't read the article.

Alright, you got me. I looked at your post because I knew it was going to be a response to me. So. First things first. This is the last of your posts I'll respond to in this thread, as I'd rather not clutter it up with a stupid argument. Now...

Let's see, you said that the song is "poppy, and catchy," but you also said the lyrics were abysmal, which at the very least still puts this song back at zero. Poor lyrics take even an otherwise decent poppy song and make it below average in my opinion, though. 

Then you go on to say, and I'm paraphrasing here, "Well c'mon guys, we really love to hate on Weezer, but the song is ok...right?" That's the only "defense" you offer for Weezer though, that their song is catchy. We all know Weezer writes catchy songs.

You don't tell us why you think the song is ok, other than you think it's catchy, though, and you don't tell us why you think the lyrics are abysmal either.

Is it because the lyrics evoke the image of a 44 year old man trying to recapture the spirit of his youth by regaling us with poorly described stories of that youth?

Is it because, rather than showing us his soul, as with Pinkerton, Cuomo just tries tell us how he's feeling?

Or is it perhaps because Rivers Cuomo tries to apologize to his past supporters, by making a song for his new supporters, using references the latter may not entirely get, but the former don't care about because they're couched in the same smarmy pop Weezer has put out for the last 16 years?

Anyway, you see where I'm going with this.

So. Summation time. I read your article before I decided to ignore you. You pretty much agreed with what has been said in this thread: the song is catchy, but really not that great, and even though you end your review saying it's ok, there isn't any real conviction in the statement. Yes I bombed the shit out of that Blink thread because it was already off topic and I wanted it locked. I don't think I'm taking the high road by agreeing with someone else that you're not adding to the conversation by asking people to read your blog; you're looking for hits on your website and this isn't a place for advertising that. Our conversation has pulled this thread off topic enough, so I'm done.

I have only one last word of advice, and I'm not saying it strictly to be a dick, I want you to really think about it. Find your voice. When I read your review I felt like I was eating a small bowl of plain, mushy oatmeal; it was bland, and though there wasn't much of it I still wanted to stop halfway through.

Alright, you got me. I looked at your post because I knew it was going to be a response to me. So. First things first. This is the last of your posts I'll respond to in this thread, as I'd rather not clutter it up with a stupid argument. Now...

Let's see, you said that the song is "poppy, and catchy," but you also said the lyrics were abysmal, which at the very least still puts this song back at zero. Poor lyrics take even an otherwise decent poppy song and make it below average in my opinion, though.

Then you go on to say, and I'm paraphrasing here, "Well c'mon guys, we really love to hate on Weezer, but the song is ok...right?" That's the only "defense" you offer for Weezer though, that their song is catchy. We all know Weezer writes catchy songs.

You don't tell us why you think the song is ok, other than you think it's catchy, though, and you don't tell us why you think the lyrics are abysmal either.

Is it because the lyrics evoke the image of a 44 year old man trying to recapture the spirit of his youth by regaling us with poorly described stories of that youth?

Is it because, rather than showing us his soul, as with Pinkerton, Cuomo just tries tell us how he's feeling?

Or is it perhaps because Rivers Cuomo tries to apologize to his past supporters, by making a song for his new supporters, using references the latter may not entirely get, but the former don't care about because they're couched in the same smarmy pop Weezer has put out for the last 16 years?

Anyway, you see where I'm going with this.

So. Summation time. I read your article before I decided to ignore you. You pretty much agreed with what has been said in this thread: the song is catchy, but really not that great, and even though you end your review saying it's ok, there isn't any real conviction in the statement. Yes I bombed the shit out of that Blink thread because it was already off topic and I wanted it locked. I don't think I'm taking the high road by agreeing with someone else that you're not adding to the conversation by asking people to read your blog; you're looking for hits on your website and this isn't a place for advertising that. Our conversation has pulled this thread off topic enough, so I'm done.

I have only one last word of advice, and I'm not saying it strictly to be a dick, I want you to really think about it. Find your voice. When I read your review I felt like I was eating a small bowl of plain, mushy oatmeal; it was bland, and though there wasn't much of it I still wanted to stop halfway through.

Interesting. I wish I had this much free time on my hands.