The Official Pizza Thread.

On these boards, we cover many topics. So, after I got a free pizza for dinner tonight, I though "Oh, what the hell."

Let's discuss pizza joints in your area.

Debate the age old NY Slice vs. Deep Dish.

and more importantly...pictures of your pie.

Let's face it, If you don't like pizza - we can't be friends.

16248wh.jpg

I'm a NY Style kind of guy.

Here in Columbus we have Hound Dogs. Hands down, one of the best I've had. It's greasy, savory, the crust is slathered with garlic butter, and you can choose for a spicy sauce. It's absolutely fantastic.

Cousin Vinny's pizza, local to Dayton OH, is hands down my favorite place. The pizza isn't even that good but the breadsticks are incredible and they have the best combo ever: a large pizza, order of breadsticks, and two drinks for 10 bucks. The drinks even come in special seasonal plastic cups that you can use for life (like glow in the dark halloween ones). 

Made a pizza from scratch last night. Dough, sauce, everything. Topped it with daiya, fresh basil, zucchini, fresh garlic, red onion and mushroom. Turned out really fucking good. I think I need to buy a pizza stone though, that feels like the one thing I'm missing.

Yes! Homemade pizza is amazing! I like to put asiago cheese, goat cheese, sun dried tomatoes, spinach and pepperoni. And I've finally perfected the dough. It wouldn't rise that much so now I put it in a metal bowl and sit in on top of the oven while it preheats so that it warms up a little and it rises really well.

I'm more into Chicago-style than NY-style, but I'll chock that up to genetics (my dad's entire family comes from Chicago). All pizza is good pizza in my eyes, though. With the exception of Little Caesar's.

None of Athens' pizza joints are out-of-this-world good, but Big Pie in the Sky (the one that was on Man vs. Food for the Carnivore Challenge) is in Kennesaw, about 45 minutes from my parents' house. One large slice there is literally about the size of a newborn child. It's fantastic. The pizza itself isn't half bad either.

can we talk about the magic of putting pineapple on pizza?

personal favorite combo is pepperoni, pineapple, and jalapeño

I love Hawaiian pizza, as well Papa John's chicken bacon ranch pizza. I added pineapples once and it was amazing. I'll have to try your combo though. Sounds great.

New Park Pizza in Queens is without a doubt the greatest pizza I've ever eaten. I live in Chicago now and while I really like the deep dish its not pizza. Pizza is something you can eat by the slice whenever. After a slice of Deep Dish I feel full as fuck and don't want another for a few months.