PO Sloan "Commonwealth" at Yep Roc

Hey all. Yep Roc is taking preorders on the forthcoming new Sloan double album "Commonwealth". Looks like it'll be another quality release. Each of the 4 sides is dedicated to each band member's song(s). 

It can be ordered here: 
http://yeproc.11spot.com/sloan-commonwealth-pre-order-9-09.html

You can get the LP by itself or as a bundle with a signed art print and custom deck of cards. 

yep-2392_sloan_commonwealth_cover_sm_2.j

I can't wait for this album - Sloan rarely disappoint and I love that each guy gets a side on this one - one of the rare bands where everyone can take lead vocals on a track and you don't roll your eyes - each one has some great tracks they are lead on.  Glad to see this is getting a solid vinyl release!

I can't wait for this album - Sloan rarely disappoint and I love that each guy gets a side on this one - one of the rare bands where everyone can take lead vocals on a track and you don't roll your eyes - each one has some great tracks they are lead on.  Glad to see this is getting a solid vinyl release!

That's the reason i think of them as a Canadian version of The Beatles, but without the 1960s to push them to megastardom. Such a talented group of guys. Their keyboard player has gotten more involved on this record it appears. Pretty sure he doesn't sing, but good to get a worthy 5th mind to lend a hand. I'm going to try to not listen to any previews until September aside from the downloadable track. 

Also...if anyone has the pink bootleg and wants to get rid of it, lmk. 

I have the Sloan Hardcore 7" and Shirt that I would be willing to trade if anyone is interested...trying to think out my 7" collection.  This one was limited to 500.  I think the shirt is a large and is unworn!

That's a great little single! I love the Minor Threat tribute on the cover. I keep meaning to pick up a reissue to pair with the Sloan disc. 

• 1 month later...

My print/cards/LP bundle arrived yesterday. The print came unsigned, which kind of adds insult to injury on how overpriced it was (and of course required to get the cards). It's also not silkscreened or of especially high quality. Very disappointing.

Did anyone else order this bundle? Was your print signed?

On a positive note, the tip-on sleeves are gorgeous. Really heavy, nicely printed, with a smooth matte finish on the paper. Haven't seen a sleeve this nice in a while.

just picked up a copy last night - and yep the sleeve is awesome - super high quality. so far what i've heard i've really liked

On a positive note, the tip-on sleeves are gorgeous. Really heavy, nicely printed, with a smooth matte finish on the paper. Haven't seen a sleeve this nice in a while.

• 2 months later...

BUMP - saw them last night and the second pressing of Commonwealth now has one red LP and one black instead of both black on the initial pressing. They also mentioned during the show that a deluxe reissue (similar to the one they did for Twice Removed) of One Chord to Another will be coming either next year or 2016 at the latest. Jay told me he just started going through their archives for stuff to include with it.

Still looking for pretty much anything from their back catalogue! I have a sealed copy of Parallel Play to trade as well.

CgvQsHM.jpg