PO: MOV Korn Discography

Looks like modern vinyl posted about it earlier, stating Ross posted it to their Facebook wall. But they've since deleted it.

Yeah, he didn't post it to their wall, he commented on the post about the MOV releases.

Dude puts out some seriously great records, and people give him shit because he's trying to save others from paying import prices. Fuck him, right?

Fuck him, right?

Yeah.

Anyways, he's not doing this for you guys, he's trying to make sure he doesn't end up putting a product out and nobody who's interested wants it because they bought it several months earlier. You're also gonna save like 5 bucks waiting which is hilarious.

Let the defending begin!

By posting the more limited, and the color variant as online-only, they're gonna drive the "records as beanie babies" crowd to buy from them first, and possibly from indie record stores second. It's a savvy business move, but completely out of line with what RSD is supposed to be about. It's not surprising, it's just the latest example of Ross out to make a quick buck.

Meh, RSD has just become about flipping records for a quick buck.

Nostalgia Collective strikes again!

I used to like the first 3 records when I was like 14, but that doesn't mean I want to buy them now lololol.

My favorite is Issues, but I think that Untouchables is their best album. Untouchables is the White Pony of the Deftones, their masterpiece, the most worked.

Glad to see I'm not the only one stoked for Untouchables!

Such a sick album, going back and finding Aaron Paul as the main guy in one of the music videos was brilliant too.

tellallyourfriends, on 06 Mar 2013 - 09:42, said:
Here is a checklist to prevent you from becoming a sucker for nostalgia.

Prior to the announcement of the album reissue did you:
- Listen to the album in its entirety within the last year.
- Think to yourself man I really want this record pressed.
- Listen to the newest album by the band in question.
- Go see the band at their latest show in your city.
- Ever tell someone IRL that you are a fan of the band.
- Know if the band was active or not.

If you can't say yes to at least 4 of these then you should reevaluate your decision to purchase the album as you are buying it solely for nostalgia and after the album is played once it will never leave your shelf.

I was referring to the cd version, by the time I started collecting I was way over this band
would be cool to have the first 3 records for nostalgia but honestly cant see myself shelling out the cash for these as they would never get listened to
im happy for everybody else that is excited about these tho!

EDIT: that post was actually supposed to  be a response to cfrancese5 post about no silence on the vinyl pressing

...guess the quote button isn't working! haha

tellallyourfriends, on 06 Mar 2013 - 09:42, said:

Here is a checklist to prevent you from becoming a sucker for nostalgia.

Prior to the announcement of the album reissue did you:

- Listen to the album in its entirety within the last year.

- Think to yourself man I really want this record pressed.

- Listen to the newest album by the band in question.

- Go see the band at their latest show in your city.

- Ever tell someone IRL that you are a fan of the band.

- Know if the band was active or not.

If you can't say yes to at least 4 of these then you should reevaluate your decision to purchase the album as you are buying it solely for nostalgia and after the album is played once it will never leave your shelf.

Really though, why do people care so much what other people spend their money on? How are you going to seriously tell someone "You really shouldn't buy this. Your reason for buying this is dumb."

i don't care at all about what anyone does with their money. Just stating my opinion that nostalgia buys are stupid and a waste of resources, but in the end, i know folks will still buy them and feel feelings one way or the other. It's an internet forum, a place where differing opinions are (supposedly) encouraged to be posted. Whatever. Ban me.

Really though, why do people care so much what other people spend their money on? How are you going to seriously tell someone "You really shouldn't buy this. Your reason for buying this is dumb."

Vinyl CollectiveYour reason for buying this is dumb.™

(also preorder something from ShopRadioCast please)

Just speaking honestly but I really only like to buy albums that I know I love... Most of my collection contains albums that I loved growing up or got into in college... If I really liked an album at one point and it was important to me at some point in my life chances are I'll go out of my way to get it on vinyl.  For example I really liked the new Weezer song but given the choice I'll order the first KoRn album 10 out of 10 times because I know what I am getting.. if I like the Weezer album when it comes out then maybe I'll grab it.

Opinions are like butt holes though everyones got one.  :P