hum between songs

ive done some google and other forum searching, but just checking here to see if anyone has a suggestion or correction.

project debut carbon with 2m-r stock cartridge

marantz pm5004

definitive tech bp-8 floor speakers

TT is grounded appropriately.

at louder volumes i hear an audible hum between tracks, sometimes bleeding over into the quieter songs.  really only annoying at louder volumes but i know its there at softer volumes.  is this just a function of not having a separate power supply?  i dont hear anything when the needle is not down, so its not like its always humming, suggesting to me that its not the connections, amp or speakers...i plan to upgrade the TT in the future so would like to buy a component that would transition well.  any suggestions?

645016.jpg

Is this what your power connector looks like?  Only two blades?  This means that it's not grounded, which means it's possible you have a grounding loop between them and your stereo.  Assuming this is accurate, try turning the plug 180 degrees in the power outlet.  That may fix your problem.