PO: Rowland S. Howard - Pop Crimes (Reissue)

http://www.fatpossum.com/products/pop-crimes

Rowland S. Howard's "Pop Crimes" will be reissued and made available in both CD and Vinyl formats on August 5th.

Always respected by his peers, a scan through the catalogue of Rowland S. Howard sees him allied with the likes of Lydia Lunch, Thurston Moore, Wim Wenders, Barry Adamson, The Gun Club, Nikki Sudden, the Beasts Of Bourbon, the Hungry Ghosts and HTRK. Rowland’s own ensemble, These Immortal Souls, gun their engines in the ill-lit background and the legacy of his work with The Birthday Party scores the skin of successive generations of musicians and fans.

But it’s a history Rowland would gleefully put a match to. With or without it, Rowland S. Howard would make tense, beautiful music, would deliver us his personal vision of the world, would create Pop Crimes.

Tracklist:
1. (I Know) A Girl Called Jonny
2. Shut Me Down
3. Life's What You Make It
4. Pop Crimes
5. Nothin'
6. Wayward Man
7. Avé Maria
8. The Golden Age Of Bloodshed

Great to see a thread on this fantastic song writer.

There was a limited edition Australian only edition that was released earlier this week, it is pressed on red and is limited to 750 copies.

I might be able to help a few people out, but would be pricey Australian vinyl prices + shipping.

Great to see a thread on this fantastic song writer.

There was a limited edition Australian only edition that was released earlier this week, it is pressed on red and is limited to 750 copies.

I might be able to help a few people out, but would be pricey Australian vinyl prices + shipping.

I hear there is a 3 record anthology getting an Australian release, I would love to get one of those if possible!!

I hear there is a 3 record anthology getting an Australian release, I would love to get one of those if possible!!

I haven't heard about that project in ages, i hope its still happening. A guy at my local record store said it was most likely a CD only anthology, but who knows.

Also, regarding the red repress of Pop Crimes, it sounds absolutely phenomenal, much better than the original press (which wasn't even bad) 

• 1 month later...

There is a preorder at http://www.redeye.com.au for the anthology for $150 shipped US. 

SIX STRINGS THAT DREW BLOOD (LIMITED EDITION VINYL BOX-SET)

4 LP set in a deluxe box, with each LP in its own sleeve, along with large format 16 page booklet. Mastered for vinyl and pressed on audiophile quality 180 gram virgin vinyl.

Compiled in conjunction with and with the full support of Genevieve McGuckin, Harry Howard and Mick Harvey among others, Six Strings That Drew Blood finally accords this remarkable individual the respect he deserves. The 32 tracks cover Rowland’s career: beginning with a blistering version of ‘Shivers’ from 1999, the anthology progresses chronologically, with tracks from The Boys Next Door, The Birthday Party, Crime and the City Solution, These Immortal Souls and a selection of tracks from both Teenage Snuff Film and Pop Crimes. There are also a number of collaborations, featuring Nikki Sudden, Lydia Lunch and Magic Dirt. Audio for the entire collection has been overseen by long-time producer Lindsay Gravina.

Track Listing

Record 1

A1           Shivers Rowland S. Howard

A2           After a Fashion The Boys Next Door

A3           The Friend Catcher          The Birthday Party

A4           Happy Birthday The Birthday Party

A5           Blast Off               The Birthday Party

B1           The Dim Locator               The Birthday Party

B2           Several Sins        The Birthday Party

B3           Some Velvet Morning    Rowland S. Howard with Lydia Lunch

B4           Jennifer's Veil    The Birthday Party

B5           Say a Spell           The Birthday Party

Record 2

A1           Six Bells Chime  Crime And The City Solution

A2           Her Room of Lights          Crime And The City Solution

A3           Wedding Hotel  Nikki Sudden & Rowland S. Howard

A4           Marry Me (Lie! Lie!)        These Immortal Souls

B1           I Ate the Knife   These Immortal Souls

B2           So the Story Goes            These Immortal Souls

B3           Crowned             These Immortal Souls

Record 3

A1           Insomnicide       These Immortal Souls

A2           Black Milk            These Immortal Souls

A3           Hyperspace        These Immortal Souls

A4           The King of Kalifornia     These Immortal Souls

A5           Summer High     Magic Dirt featuring RSH

B1           Undone               Rowland S. Howard

B2           Exit Everything  Rowland S. Howard

B3           Autoluminescent             Rowland S. Howard

Record 4

A1           Dead Radio         Rowland S. Howard

A2           Sleep Alone        Rowland S. Howard

A3           Shut Me Down  Rowland S. Howard

B1           (I Know) A Girl Called Jonny        Rowland S. Howard

B2           Pop Crimes         Rowland S. Howard

B3           Ave Maria           Rowland S. Howard

B4           The Golden Age of Bloodshed   Rowland S. Howard

http://themusic.com.au/news/all/2014/08/18/liberation-to-release-rowland-s.-howard-anthology/

• 2 months later...

looks like the vinyl box set is delayed.

picked up the 2014 reissues of pop crimes, kiss you kidnapped charabanc, and shotgun wedding via the big sale on ccmusic.

also managed to snag a semi affordable copy of teenage snuff film on ebay last weekend.

so I'm good i think - until the these immortal souls records get reissued which, according to their facebook page, "Mute's creaky wheels are in motion."