The Promise Ring and Jets To Brazil reissues... 2015.

• 2 months later...

Finally some good news on this, I think.  Granted it's vague.  Jade Tree followed up with a recent plea for these JTB reissues with the comment, "Coming soon..." So take that for what it's worth.  No other information, but hopefully this means they'll finally be here.

1 hour ago, DOMAN127 said:

I missed out on NFG; have they said anything concerning a new color? 

Edit: Would've asked a while ago but I wasn't about to bump this thread and piss people off haha

Only place I know of with new copies is Newbury with their yellow variant, not the best price but still available

https://www.newburycomics.com/products/the_promise_ring-nothing_feels_good_exclusive_lp&ved=0ahUKEwilu-PM8djRAhUKxmMKHfZdAvgQFggjMAI&usg=AFQjCNHOUVS0hPHp2JgUmNYWx8rY1KOt-A&sig2=MLmvM7sG4McU6mzZt8ekfQ

• 1 month later...
26 minutes ago, tape said:

boo

I've never really bought much from Epitaph before, I think maybe the recent Pianos Become The Teeth album is the only one I can think of...is this bad news? Does it make less likely that these reissues would end up happening, or are Epitaph themselves a problem?

Edited by Mattallurgist

4 hours ago, uglyorgan said:

So, is it common knowledge that Epitpah now has the copyrights on almost the entire Jade Tree catalog? 

I feel like they wouldn't invest in 'almost the entire catalog' and not do anything with it. Epitaph has the money to put all these OOP and in-demand titles back in press and they seem smart enough to do that, so, here is to hoping we finally get some reissues

5 hours ago, Mattallurgist said:

I've never really bought much from Epitaph before, I think maybe the recent Pianos Become The Teeth album is the only one I can think of...is this bad news? Does it make less likely that these reissues would end up happening, or are Epitaph themselves a problem?

this is in fact true it seems, a friend of mine who used to be on the label recently posted a screencap of an email he got from an mr brett re: it.  crazy stuff.  i'm sure reissues will be coming for sure

Edited by hookedonsonics

3 hours ago, MtrCtyWx said:

Where did you learn this?  Jade Tree seems to have newer releases or are they closing up?

Jade Tree officially went under last summer, far as I know. The new You Blew It! album was supposed to come out on Jade Tree in October but the label ran out of money and essentially told the band "oops, sorry," which is why it ended up on Triple Crown.

And yeah, Epitaph now owns a very large portion of the Jade Tree catalog, at least the bands/albums people care about. Many of those musicians were not aware the rights to their albums were sold, either.

1 minute ago, scottheisel said:

Jade Tree officially went under last summer, far as I know. The new You Blew It! album was supposed to come out on Jade Tree in October but the label ran out of money and essentially told the band "oops, sorry," which is why it ended up on Triple Crown.

And yeah, Epitaph now owns a very large portion of the Jade Tree catalog, at least the bands/albums people care about. Many of those musicians were not aware the rights to their albums were sold, either.

Wow, had no idea.  The Jade Tree anniversary campaign seemed underwhelming to me and a lot of stuff rumored never happened.  Maybe it's for the best, although it stinks the artists may not benefit.  Jade Tree was a 50/50 split with royalties and their bands.

On 2/27/2017 at 9:23 PM, scottheisel said:

And Warner owns it all =)