PO Now: Gatsbys American Dream - In The Land Of Lost Monsters

Got my split the other day and it looks pretty rad.  But I have to say, I've never understood the disdain for glow-in-the-dark vinyl until now.  During the run-in and gaps between tracks, there's a faint but audible hiss when the needle is on gitd, and it goes away on the clear.  So weird, and a little annoying.  But whatevs, I'm just stoked to have this!  Keeping my fingers crossed that this label eventually gets the last two albums out.

Maybe even a bonus 7" with those two songs the band put out when they briefly got back together.

Got my split the other day and it looks pretty rad. But I have to say, I've never understood the disdain for glow-in-the-dark vinyl until now. During the run-in and gaps between tracks, there's a faint but audible hiss when the needle is on gitd, and it goes away on the clear. So weird, and a little annoying.

I heard this too. It is a little annoying to hear, but yeah, once the music starts playing, you can't hear it at all. Just in the breaks between songs/softer parts of songs.

Gave this a listen today. Sounds great. Overall really well done. The record and sleeve are top notch. The insert content wise is awesome material wise it feels and looks like flimsy newspaper.

I'll ask, but I'm thinking he did that intentionally. Kind of like a 'zine' style.

Thanks to everyone who spread the word and bought records! I'm still catching up on emails from people, but I wanted to chime in here too.

I wanted to do the liner notes a bit lo-fi, but well designed. Like the cover, which is reverse-board with just black ink.

It's similar feel to a zine I made for a class based on the EP. I designed that zine in 2007, and it's been an ever-present aesthetic when I think about the EP. 

Thanks to everyone who spread the word and bought records! I'm still catching up on emails from people, but I wanted to chime in here too.

I wanted to do the liner notes a bit lo-fi, but well designed. Like the cover, which is reverse-board with just black ink.

It's similar feel to a zine I made for a class based on the EP. I designed that zine in 2007, and it's been an ever-present aesthetic when I think about the EP. 

Well it definitely came out pretty awesome. I actually love it when liner notes come like that. Reminds me of the Cope deluxe box set. Came with the lyrics on newspaper print.

I can respect doing the zine style with it and think it's cool the reason you have behind doing it like that. Like I said content wise it's awesome and it looks great. I just worry about durability and accidentally tearing it when I'm slipping it back in the sleeve. That's like a 1% complaint on a 99% job well done. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I think it'll get pressed eventually. But the details about who and when are unclear.

Definite answers are much more comforting.

I'd just rather you did it.

I like the high quality you put out, the attention to detail and the very obvious love you have for the albums.

We should start a letter writing campaign.

I'd just rather you did it.

I like the high quality you put out, the attention to detail and the very obvious love you have for the albums.

We should start a letter writing campaign.

Thanks! That's very kind of you to say, but I'm not sure a letter writing campaign would help our chances. They know people want the pressing, and they know about Overdue.

The most helpful thing for us at the moment would be to keep letting people know about the quality of releases we have.

I've encountered a lot of people, at least outside of Vinyl Collective and AbsolutePunk, who hadn't realize those albums had been pressed. People who were Gatsbys fans, but who aren't necessarily following sites that'd cover news about them.

So if there's Gatsbys fans you know, make them aware. And in the meantime, we'd do our best to plan on for the future.

• 9 months later...