Framing Vinyl Records: Why isn't it safe?

If you really want to display records-get these: http://www.interpunk.com/item.cfm?Item=202421&.  You can put them on a wall and take them off for use.

These are awesome. I don't have them, but I want them

I have the regular record frames from Michaels and I find it fits the record a lot better/easier if I take the actual record out and just frame the sleeve. If it has the record in there, it's really pressed together and feels too strained. It also helps because I can still listen to the actual record. I know I'm probably repeating what others are saying, but just thought I'd give my input.

I bought my favourite album twice so I had one to listen to and one to get framed.

http://instagram.com/p/l8Oct2pXVz/?modal=true emot-allears.gif

I've never understood people who frame the cover without displaying the record though. Might as well of printed off the record sleeve and kept the actual one in your collection to enjoy.

Great taste! I bought both variants. I'm hoping someone presses Dancing with a Ghost!

I was the one who originally said it to OP. The reasoning behind it is the ring wear issue, and what I mostly think about, the higher possibility of it just...falling off the wall. All I said was that it was safer to keep it stored properly than to frame it. Not that it was unsafe to frame it.

I was thinking of framing a copy of the axe to fall clear with shards when I find it as I'd never play it..

I have one of those! :)

Oh and frame all the records you want, just leave the vinyl in a dust sleeve (inside a poly bag) on your shelf and put the cover in the frame. Then you can listen to the record and it wont get damaged in the frame.

If I were to do it I would definitely do it so that you could see both the LP and the cover. I think it just looks like best. If it's just the sleeve then what's the point? Just get a poster.

Idk. Maybe I'm just weird.. But, framing the record in it's cover doesn't bother me at all. I look at it, and I know the album is in there. And, if anyone asks.. I'll tell them or whatever. It definitely looks lovely when both the cover and the record are displayed, though. :) But, I was also robbed once before, so I'm paranoid that if I had a rare framed gold record on my wall, ya know.... It'd be stolen, lol. So, I'm all for keeping valuable things ~incognito~ in that case. I just don't particularly mind either way, tbh. As long as you're displaying it how you waaaaant.

I cringed so hard. I'm pretty sure I heard a popping noise as I read that.

I totally did, I'm glad to know I wasn't the only one. 

I have no opposition to people framing records even though I probably wouldn't do it. It just makes me cry tears that I can't get my hands on The Family Jewels for under $400 because kids are framing it and playing it on their Crosley's. I want that record and I want to spin in circles in a tutu while I listen to it. 

I also feel this way about owning AFYCSO on vinyl, so it's basically just a jealousy thing on my end.