Man this guy is great. Can only find the Loveless Band tape though. Is Moon Slave sold out?

^ looks like it, I was sad to see it was no longer available. And dude wanna message me that salt hidden track sometime? Since it looks like I'll never obtain a tape ;.;

I think he might still have some, when I got Loveland Band I emailed him and asked him what else he had and he said he had some moon slaves left and just had me name my price on the digital album. Here is his email hit him up he might still have some! [email protected] 

i was *this close* to ordering Rules from Birdtapes back in late June, but had money concerns. really mad at myself in retrospect, especially since i might've ended up with SALT in the order, it seems. bummer life, friends.

Dude, same here. Literally the exact same situation. i couldn't believe it was seriously still in stock after all the birdtapes horror stories so I reluctantly emptied my cart after clicking buy.

I listen to both of those tapes all the time! You should really look into the whole halifax scene if you like him. I've been buying crazy amounts of tapes from that city lately. The shipping prices kinda suck but the quality if the self-released music is unmatched.

You mentioned homeshake, who I've long digged. Is he from that scene? There's some similarities to that guitar style on the robert loveless stuff.

You mentioned homeshake, who I've long digged. Is he from that scene? There's some similarities to that guitar style on the robert loveless stuff.

He is from Montreal, but both of those cities are having kinda a similar music scene revival of like older psych influenced rock. Here are a couple of good comps from those cities to check out some of the bands...

Montreal: https://plasticfactoryrecords.bandcamp.com/album/meet-the-factory

Halifax: https://ponchorecords.bandcamp.com/album/poncho-records-compilation-vol-1

I've found a ton of good bands and cassettes off of those comps. I found robert because he plays with harley alexander on his poncho track.

Where you basing that off of man? I've only noted a out a dozen from here, eBay and tumblr. But I really have no clue. And its so hard to find people who even have it in order to attempt a purchase :(

A guy I was talking to who seemed to know quite a bit about Alex pressings named it. It really could be any number under 100 though, who knows. But if you think about all the people who ordered other things from Birdtapes like Teen Suicide or whatever and ended up with this other random tape in their package that just says "SALT" on it with no indication it's Alex G, I'm sure a lot of people potentially don't even know what they have.

Aren't those not on the vinyl though? Just CD?

Yeah, I think so. They never really specified. But all the vinyl come with a free CD anyway.

what synth 

Teenage Engineering OP-1

Why you so loud bruh? Bedroom pop is all about being quiet.

Because I've never seen a synth like this and idk it's perfect for the music I'd want to make but I don't have $800 to drop on a synth

But it's prefect for bedroom pop especially for the vision I have in my mind for my project. 

My label did a digital release with him. He was touring with Mac DeMarco for the better part of Mac's career (Canada's finest!), but recently left to focus on Homeshake (Mac told me he was an [unprintable] who hated touring, but Mac's always goofing off). Another solid musician from Mac's circle of friends is Alex Calder, who's working with Captured Tracks to put out an LP.

And another unforgettable bedroom musician is Astronaut Husband. Definitely check out his new LP (which, full disclaimer, we'll have on tape in a little while haha).

My label did a digital release with him. He was touring with Mac DeMarco for the better part of Mac's career (Canada's finest!), but recently left to focus on Homeshake (Mac told me he was an [unprintable] who hated touring, but Mac's always goofing off). Another solid musician from Mac's circle of friends is Alex Calder, who's working with Captured Tracks to put out an LP.

And another unforgettable bedroom musician is Astronaut Husband. Definitely check out his new LP (which, full disclaimer, we'll have on tape in a little while haha).

Yeah, I really dig alex's time ep. Will look into the artist youre working with!

Is it a HOMESHAKE song that isn't available anywhere else???