LOL I was but I left because it was too expensive and the money I had saved was going too fast.  I had a change in passion I.E. I want to make music for the rest of my life so I left. So for the time being I just make money and save. i didn't have a full ride but I had grants + savings that would have gotten me through like 3 years before loans. What was in my schooling fund is going towards traveling, music, and experiencing life. I was on scholarships so that semester was paid for.

After this year or so I may go back as a back up plan but I'm not getting any young so if I want this I'm going to get it.

Damn man I wish I could captain ginyu w/ your financial situation you may wanna consider that near-free college i really don't think you'd enjoy poverty 0/10 would not recommend. i get there must be some appeal of the 'starving-artist' life to people who have always lived comfortably but food is cool 

I don't really agree with this sentiment at all. I am thankful I can afford most records I want, but I do not see modern records as things that should ever cost alot of money. If there is so much interest and desire for a record it should be repressed. It helps everyone involved, the artist, label, and consumer. Older records I can definitely see having this feeling for because there is less of a market for them and less of a need for repress.

All this "hunt" benefits is people who got lucky and knew about an artist early and decided to buy and then later decide to sell. I think captured tracks is the best at pleasing their fans like this. Back at the end/beginning of 2014/2015 when Mac DeMarco started to crazily blowup his records all sold out. They started going for over $100 on eBay. Then Captured Tracks repressed them all and everyone was happy.

All in all I think music should be accessible, will I keep buying expensive aftermarket records? Yes. But will I enjoy doing it? No.

No I get it. 100% in an ideal world that's how things should work, but they don't. Like I wish I could own every record I want for $20-50. But it doesn't, now I'm not saying this is good or bad, but that's what makes this a hobby you know? I am glad that in my lifetime one of my grails got pressed (Brand New's Devil and God) and if it wasn't I'd still barely be able to afford it. But in a way collecting records is like collecting baseball cards or anything of the sort, some are rare and worth more and others a common, but sadly there's no way I every record could be common. 

I wish I didn't have to spend a premium on records, I wish I didn't have to spend $70 on records that were once $15 but that's the nature of the hobby and in a way that's what I find fun about it.

Damn man I wish I could captain ginyu w/ your financial situation you may wanna consider that near-free college i really don't think you'd enjoy poverty 0/10 would not recommend. i get there must be some appeal of the 'starving-artist' life to people who have always lived comfortably but food is cool 

I get this 100% but I'd like to let you know I refuse to be part of the starving artist lifestyle. This is my passion. I get you have to start somewhere but I'm going to take as many steps as possible to keep me from that point. I very much want to be the top musician in the world and that's where I'm headed.

I wish I could articulate this better, but that's honestly the best way I can hopefully this doesn't get misconstrued.

idk I hate airing out personal details like my finances online, I don't want to come across as privileged, yet I understand I am but I want you to know I work for everything I get 

......................................i cant handle this that alex track what in the world is happening i've been refreshing for tlop for two days and i realize this is what i truly needed i don't care if tlop ever drops now

You're a lofi guy so the subpar tidal stream of TLOP should hold you over!

You're a lofi guy so the subpar tidal stream of TLOP should hold you over!

I skipped the entire live stream actually i'm weird, if an album is soon to be readily available in full and the intended quality then i try to hold out for that to be my first experience; it's been super hard to resist the lifestreams tracks whenever I saw a rip was floating around though! 

• 4 weeks later...