He's not for real he just likes to make fun of us. rfc instilled a one per customer limit so chances are slim anyone got extras.

Its all in good fun. It's just funny how formulaic you guys are every time something rare pops up from Birdtapes/Orchid Tapes. I'd put money on moose blues having missed a copy of both and coming in here saying "fml...".

Its all in good fun. It's just funny how formulaic you guys are every time something rare pops up from Birdtapes/Orchid Tapes. I'd put money on moose blues having missed a copy of both and coming in here saying "fml...".

It's only formulaic because we keep missing them almost every time and this is a forum where we discuss collecting music media and those labels have released multiple albums each of us seek 

I hope moose didn't miss out this time though 

it's because no one likes having to pay $20+ for cassette tapes or $50+ for vinyl on secondary markets so obvi people will get excited to see them in stock again

I guess I'm just a nerd but it's seemed pretty easy to get a cassette copy of Rules this month. Vinyl is readily available though so I don't get the need for a cassette, can someone fill me in or is it just to complete a cassette discography?

Rules was an unofficial birdtape release almost three years ago if i'm not mistaken. I think it was a run of 100 or so. For a very long time it was impossible to find as bird tapes started to slow down movement and Alex's momentum took off exponentially. Until Lucky Number signed him and did a vinyl and cd pressing, this hard to track down cassette was the only possible way to own a physical copy of the album (which is a favorite to many of us). Over the years we've all missed copies on the aftermarket, most notably for myself an ebay auction of a RULES+SALT combo that I lost because it went above all the money I had at the time ($42)

So there is definitely a crazy demand for this that you weren't aware of. In the past month tyler from bird tapes has become vocal again and has given the remaining stock of many of bird tapes sought after releases to DDW and RFC as distro. You just had perfect timing to come into wanting these things. 

Rules was an unofficial birdtape release almost three years ago if i'm not mistaken. I think it was a run of 100 or so. For a very long time it was impossible to find as bird tapes started to slow down movement and Alex's momentum took off exponentially. Until Lucky Number signed him and did a vinyl and cd pressing, this hard to track down cassette was the only possible way to own a physical copy of the album (which is a favorite to many of us). Over the years we've all missed copies on the aftermarket, most notably for myself an ebay auction of a RULES+SALT combo that I lost because it went above all the money I had at the time ($42)

So there is definitely a crazy demand for this that you weren't aware of. In the past month tyler from bird tapes has become vocal again and has given the remaining stock of many of bird tapes sought after releases to DDW and RFC as distro. You just had perfect timing to come into wanting these things.

I understand it was hard to get I was just talking from a present standpoint where Rules is available on vinyl for like 20 bucks.

I didn't know there were just 100 copies that's nuts.

I understand it was hard to get I was just talking from a present standpoint where Rules is available on vinyl for like 20 bucks.

I didn't know there were just 100 copies that's nuts.

I mean I have TRICK on vinyl which I paid $20 for but I would still pay $30+ for the cassette of TRICK. Alex is my favorite artist from the past five years and I listen to tapes more than records, so, i dunno. I guess I get your point but these tapes are still some of my most sought after and this is a very happy day

I mean I have TRICK on vinyl which I paid $20 for but I would still pay $30+ for the cassette of TRICK. Alex is my favorite artist from the past five years and I listen to tapes more than records, so, i dunno. I guess I get your point but these tapes are still some of my most sought after and this is a very happy day

So it's mainly for collecting purposes. I gotcha, I bet you're still pinching yourself after that order! Personally I just grabbed the split.

So it's mainly for collecting purposes. I gotcha, I bet you're still pinching yourself after that order! Personally I just grabbed the split.

Pretty much, I guess, yeah. And yess! Someone posted a link to the mac demarco double tape and I was pretty happy to finally get one of those for a fair price then I saw RULES in the related items section below and internally began running laps of excitement! Happy you were able to get the split, those are some awesome songs from both artists 

idk why but I keep checking my PayPal to make sure RFC doesn't refund me for the starry cat tape lol

This was me over and over after I posted here and they were both immediately unavailable x.x

you know what I just realized? The guy who had 3 copies of rules and 4 copies of the alex g split.. I was gonna trade him dsu for rules but when i ordered a copy i messaged him to apologize and ask him not to send rules and that I had to back out. Anyway I told him about rfc putting up the tapes before I posted on here, right around the time rfc said someone tried to buy every copy. I'm not accusing him but that is spooky coincidental. 

This was me over and over after I posted here and they were both immediately unavailable x.x

you know what I just realized? The guy who had 3 copies of rules and 4 copies of the alex g split.. I was gonna trade him dsu for rules but when i ordered a copy i messaged him to apologize and ask him not to send rules and that I had to back out. Anyway I told him about rfc putting up the tapes before I posted on here, right around the time rfc said someone tried to buy every copy. I'm not accusing him but that is spooky coincidental.

I'd be shocked if he didn't buy another one of each for more trading down the line

;). I already had starry cat and I got a copy of infinity crush, but yep I missed RULES. not too bummed since I have it on vinyl.