Boards of Canada - In A Beautiful Place for $10, free shipping

I remember when Warp's site was laggy as hell, and they had to admit "groups" of users into a queue to pre-order the album.  Like herding cattle... masses of cattle who were chomping at the bit to spend $30 on a new BOC album.  Good times.

I remember when Warp's site was laggy as hell, and they had to admit "groups" of users into a queue to pre-order the album. Like herding cattle... masses of cattle who were chomping at the bit to spend $30 on a new BOC album. Good times.

I still feel like a jackass for buying into the hype of that and My Bloody Valentine. Never again.

Same. Paid a ton in shipping to get those albums and neither of them grew on me at all.

For you in Canada, I could see why you'd be "eh" about them.  I actually really dig Tomorrow's Harvest, so the price-tag and stress of the PO doesn't bother much that much.  I also do enjoy me some M B V, but I had to set my foot down on that one.  And when reports started to come in that it was bare-bone as far as packaging goes, I felt like I made the right choice.  Still don't own it, and probably won't until I can find it for under $20.

I also do enjoy me some M B V, but I had to set my foot down on that one.  And when reports started to come in that it was bare-bone as far as packaging goes, I felt like I made the right choice.  Still don't own it, and probably won't until I can find it for under $20.

Same here.  I dig the album, but still don't own it because of the stupid price tag.

My M B V that I ordered from the band's website came in a mailer twice the size of a standard mailer with no packaging at all inside, just the record flopping around. I was astonished there was virtually no damage.

Especially considering that (in addition to being bare-bones, as previously stated) the sleeve is one of the flimsiest I own; it's barely better than a paper bag.  I held out an entire year to finally snag a $20 copy (shipping included) off Discogs.